1) Welcome Home

The sun was bright, laying high up in the sky. The breeze was cool & swift; the air was warm. It was fitting, perfect day for Morgan's return home. It'd felt like he'd been gone for ever. In reality though, it'd been close to a year since he'd walked through these streets.

It now October 27, 2015. To him it felt like a new world, people now knew his name outside of this one horse town. Of course, he wasn't letting any little bit of fame get to him.

He was here, back home in Sneedville, Tennessee & he couldn't be happier.

He turned the corner & his eyes widened at the new sign hanging on the old Chairman's place. Chairman's had been a coffee shop that he'd grew up in. His sister had worked there & so had his mom at one point. He found his love for music in that coffee shop.

Before the coffee shop, Morgan thought that baseball was all he'd ever be good at. He was for sure that baseball was what'd give him a name everyone knew. Now looking at it, he was for sure it'd be music. He couldn't wait to move to Nashville & start on his career as a country singer, but he had to come home first.

"The hell is this?" Morgan mumbled too himself, reading the sign that was shinning bright in neon. 'Heaven's Bar'.

Morgan opened the door, walking in going up to the counter, looking at all the liquor that took the coffee's & cakes place. He looked around at the place, noticing all the things that were different & a few things that just hadn't changed.

"Morgan Wallen? That wouldn't be you would it?" Morgan turned his head, seeing a very tall man with wavy black hair & a black beard with some grey in it. It was Randy Whitemore.

Morgan chuckled, shaking his head. "It'd be me, Randy. What happened to this place?" He pointed around them, taking in more of the designs.

Randy gave him a soft laugh, "I bought the place. It's my bar now."

Morgan gave him a slow nod. He looked from Randy to around the room. Randy had worked with Morgan's dad for years. "Randy, why name her Heaven?"

Randy smiled, pointing across the room. "Named 'er after my daughter. Hopefully one day she can run this place & then pass it on to her kids." Morgan followed the point to the girl.

She was young but very pretty. Morgan remembered seeing her before in the halls at school. "She's your daughter? I didn't know that."

Randy only nodded, waking away from Morgan & to a customer waiting to order his beer. Morgan payed no mind to that & got up, walking over to Heaven Whitemore.

He took note of her every look. He medium length dark brown hair, her pale but tanned skin, her glasses that hid her hazel eyes.

He cleared his throat, she looked up to him, a small smile playing on her lips as confusion covered her eyes. "Uh, anybody sittin' here?"

Heaven slowly shook her head. Morgan wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans, looking around the room. "Mind if I sit with ya?"

Heaven shakes her again, moving her feet off the chair for Morgan to sit down. She couldn't help but notice his blue eyes & smile. She felt her heart clench. She'd seen him in school before he graduated but she never realized how hot he really was. This man was gorgeous.

"So I hear ya dad owns the place now, named it after ya. That must be cool." Morgan says, looking anywhere but at Heaven.

"Yeah, it's not bad, I guess." She responds, looking deeply at Morgan, her eyes begging him to turn to face her. "How was The Voice?"