Rake Me Now

***

***

A bang on my room door jolted me awake, a slight headache adding to my already grumbled state. The intruder went to open the red blinds, the radiant sunshine immediately attacking my eyes until I felt like they were burning their way into my skull.

Wait. I looked at my surroundings, the familiar scenery of my hostel dorm room registering in my head. How the hell did I get here?

I tried to remember what exactly happened but once my mind got to eating those scrumptious brownies, everything else drew blank. Stupid weed brownies.

"Don't tell me you've been sleeping all day young lady." The matrons voice was harsh and cold as she leant on my room door, arms crossed flexing her muscles while sending death glares in my direction.

My eyes were still adjusting to the change in brightness so I gave her a disgruntled groan. Obviously that didn't satisfy her.

"You missed your morning duties," she went on, looking at me with uttermost disgust like I was the dog poop she had to scrape off the sidewalk. "As punishment you'll rake all the fallen leaves in the vineyard."

Ugh, I just want to go back to bed. I turned to face her, taking in her khaki shorts and dark blue polo shirt. I swear that's all she every wears.

Nodding to show I heard her, I closed my eyes and tried to drift back to sleep. "Ungrateful brat," she hissed, opening the door and banging it behind her. Rude.

I had no idea what I ever did to her but from day one she never liked me, always giving me the stink eye once we crossed paths or giving me loads of unnecessary work to do.

Might as well get it over with. I groaned at the thought of getting up to work, every step dragging on as I got ready for the day. Well afternoon. Why did she let me sleep for so long?

Finally done I trudged all the way outside, till I figured I had no idea where they stored the rakes.

I was met with a calm and peaceful scenery, no one else bothered to disturb their beauty sleep. Ugh.

I roamed the school for a couple minutes, looking for a soul to help me find the rakes.

"Are you lost?"

I turned around to see Noah, the supposed soccer legend that turned out to be not so great.

"No I'm not lost," I replied, folding my hands defensively. I was totally lost, but he didn't need to know that.

He reciprocated my actions, leaning on the locker as he brought out an afro comb to brush out his messy mane.

"You look pretty lost to me," he said, smirking proudly, a small chip on his canine.

"Well I'm not." I turned to walk away from him, not in the mood for some egotistical prick who thinks he's better than everyone just cause he's got a few soccer moves.