Chapter eight ~ 'Don't flatter yourself...'

Adriana's Pov -

"Ari, darling"

"Adriana.."

"ARI!"

My eyes shot open to see my Grandma hovering over the bed, she pulled the covers from my legs and her eyes widened. "Why are you wearing a dress to bed?"

"What?" I asked, confused. My hands where blocking the bright sun that was beaming through the window, a horrific headache crept up on me.

Oh god, the party.

I lifted from the bed, making my head hurt even more. "Oh, I er.." I looked up at her while trying to come up with an excuse, she had her arms crossed over her chest and a serious look on her face.

"I was just trying on a few dresses lastnight while on FaceTime to a friend, I must of fallen asleep during it" I lied and watched as she squinted her eyes at me before slowly nodding.

"Ok, well get up. Your late and the stables won't clean themselves" She walked over to the door, shutting it behind her.

I planted back onto the soft bed, staring up at the white ceiling. Memories from lastnight came flooding back, the last thing I remember is dancing like a crazy lady then getting gently placed into the back of..oh dear.

Trevor brought me home..

My hand held onto my forehead, hoping for the hammering head ache to stop as I rushed out of my room and to the bathroom.
-

My hand slowly pushed open the door the stables, spotting Trevor straight away. He was wearing the usual overalls but they where tied at his waist, a white tee on his top half. I watched as he began sweeping the floor, his muscles flexing with each move he made. My gaze travelled to the tattoo on his arm, squinting my eyes to try and work out what it said.

"Why are you just staring at me, Adriana" His voice snapped me out my daze, feeling embarrassed I walked inside and let the door slam shut behind me.

"Don't flatter yourself, I wasn't staring" I pulled a pair of rubber gloves on.

A smirk stretched across his face as he turned to face me. "Rightt" his voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Um, so" I began picking up bits of loose hay and chucking it into the trash. "You didn't tell my grandparents about-"

"Lastnight?" He interrupted me. "No and I won't, but that was a stupid thing to do"

"Who are you, my Dad?" I pulled a annoyed face, making him look me over.

"Do you have to be so rude and stubborn all the time?" He asked, I rolled my eyes and continued to pick up bits of hay.

"Thankyou" I muttered, I watched from the corner of my eye as his head titled towards me. "For not telling them"

Before he could reply, the doors flew open. "Adriana, your helping me clean and brush the horses today..the Raven family will be picking them up later" My grandpa's voice rang through the stables.

I nodded at him before looking back over at Trevor, his eyes where already on mine making me shyly look away. Muttering a quick "bye" I slipped out of the door and followed my Grandpa Keith.
-

The brush glided through the grey horses soft fur, a smile spread across my lips as I gently stroked her nose. I've never been an animal person, but this horse made the cut..she was so pretty.

"I think she likes you"

I jumped and spun around to see Nathan. He had a smirk across his face, his body weight resting on the door. "What are you doing here?" I asked, putting the brush back into the basket.

"Picking up our horses" he replied and I face palmed myself, remembering that he's part of the family renting the horses.

"Last night was, interesting" he winked and my cheeks flushed red.

"I'm so embarrassed" I laughed and he walked over to me, gently tugging my hips towards him.

"Don't be, I liked your little show" He whispered in my ear, I frowned pushing him back.

"Nathan, I was drunk..you shouldn't of even let me get on that kitchen table"

"Oh come on Adriana, you where loving it" He tried to place his hands on my hips again but I stepped back.

He laughed, looking me over once again before walking away. Something is telling me Nathan is bad news and I'm starting to wish I never got involved with him.

•••