Forever with Boys (13)

Okay, so here's the 4 pgs or more part, only I don't know if it exceeded 4 pgs on here (8 pgs on word!) so if it's not, I'll upload another chapter to make up for it by 1 (my time) so enjoy!

“You okay?” Declan asked me.

I guess I had been walking off in a daze. I remember slightly about Declan commenting about my last swim session and how he was really expecting me to improve on my next one. I blushed, which made him raise his eyebrows.

“Blushers,” he said, which only made me blush harder. He chuckled. Ah, music.

What? Snap out of it, Ever!

There were snapping fingers in my face suddenly.

“There you go again,” Declan said. I frowned.

“Sorry,” I said. He smiled.

“No need,” he said. “See you later, ‘kay?”

Before I could answer, he disappeared.

“What was that?” Addie asked, suddenly appearing beside me.

“Nothing,” I mumbled.

“Didn’t seem like nothing,” Addie said, raising her eyebrows.

“You’re deranged if you think anything is going on,” I said, starting to walk away. I sounded almost snappy.

“Just an observation,” she sang, noticing how quick I was to defend myself.

I glared at her.

There was nothing going on. Right?

There couldn’t be. This was Declan we’re talking about. The guy is my best friend’s older brother and he never really paid attention to me before.

“He’s just complimenting me on my work well done,” I said. There, a logical explanation.

“Sure,” Addie said as I reached my locker. I spun around on her.

“Addie, you know very well of your brother. You must know he’d never like someone like me,” I said.

She shrugged. “I don’t know him that much,” she said. And just like her brother, she left before I could say something.

What could that mean?

*

The whole day, I was thinking about what Addie had said. What did she mean by that. Was there even some meaning behind it? Or was Addie just being Addie and trying to confuse me?

I was probably just reading too much into it. Declan was just being nice and offered to teach me how to swim. Don’t all brothers do that for their sisters’ best friends?

“Hey Ever!”

I turned around and saw Evan. I smiled as he neared me.

“Hey,” I said, sending him a quick smile.

“You seem stressed,” he pointed out.

“Why do you say that?” I asked. He pointed to my forehead.

“Your forehead is all scrunched together, and you look a little uptight,” he said. “Something bothering you?”

I shook my head. “How do you know that’s not how I usually am?” I asked.

He chuckled. “Good one,” he said. “One look at you and I know you’re the shy blushing type.”

I blushed.

“See?”

“That didn’t mean anything,” I said.

“Sure,” he said. “So what’s up?”