Chapter 1: Now or never

Scarlett

Today is the day. The day I join Matteos´Mafia to make justice for my family.

Let me enlighten you… My name is Scarlett Mazikeen Black, I'm 21 years old, and my family and mafia were killed by the Russian mafia, more precisely Ezekiel Yaakov.

He killed them when I was only fifteen. Since then I´ve been living on my own, in my penthouse, in Houston.

My parents left me all their money so that wasn´t a problem, and besides, Xander, the coach of the mafia, survived the attack, in fact he saved me together with his son Wesley, or Wes as I call him, he's a older brother to me.

Xander is like a second father, he took care of me since that day, gave me money until I was an adult, but with it I helped Wes opening his own business, he is too lazy to go for college.

I was homeschooled after the attack, and trained every single day off my life, for what?

Revenge.

And that's why I'm finishing to brush my straight medium-long brown hair. I put the brush in my bag and look around my room to see if it misses something.

I have one bag with my guns, knives and everything I will need,  other with my clothes, that includ dresses who were too expensive, but in mafia you got to scream power, that's why I have them, even though my outfits for the day is nothing like that.

I take a deep breath looking at myself in the mirror, my gray eyes were light as day.

This is it, you will do what you always wanted. I tell myself.

Rushing to the kitchen with all my bags, I see Wes there. “Hi.” I say while grabbing a cup of water.

Wes was a built guy, 4 years older than me, blonde hair, and brown eyes, probably in his 6´1ft.

“Hi, just thought I would help you put the things in your car.” I look at him, he was with some blue jeans and a black t-shirt, while I was with some black jeans, a tight black turtleneck sweater, with a leather jacket on top and white air force.

“Yes, I would appreciate that, thank you.” I smile at him and he nods.

Both off us grab all my bags and put them on my car. It's a gray Audi r8.

I lean on it, after putting all the things and look at Wes, who hugs me. “This is it, you´re finally doing what you´ve trained for all these years.” He whispers in my ear and I nod.

“Yes, I don´t know how long it will be, behave yourself."

He unthatches himself from me grinning. “Yes mother." I slap his arm playfully.  He smiles at me. “Be careful, and patient, you´re not in this alone, remember the Matteo’s have a revenge to do too."

“I know… I have to go now, I still have a thirty minute ride to do.” He nods and hugs me again."Say bye to Rachel for me."

Rachel is Wes wife, they are together since they were seventeen, yep high school sweethearts.

I enter my car and he wishes me good luck before I leave my garage.

Let me explain to you why I will be working with the Matteo mafia. You see, I wasn´t the only one who Ezekiel Yaakov took someone.

Dominic Matteo had two children, Mason Xavier Matteo, and Katherine Alessandra Matteo.

Katherine was killed ruthless by the russians, now that Mason can be in front of the mafia the revenge will start. My mafia and the Matteo's one were close, that's why Dominic called me to their plan. 

I said yes instantly, I know him for a long time, he used to be like an uncle to me, he and Lola, his wife, who after all this ran away.

I never met Mason though, but I´ve heard things, saying he´s a lady man, cold, and ruthless. I wouldn´t blame him, after all he losted his sister right in front of his eyes.

Yes, Ezekiel is a monster like that, I know it, I´ve been a victim of his abuses. I blamed myself during a long time, if it wasn't for me to escape his basement, maybe I would be dead instead of my family or Katherine.

I was kept in his basement for four months, I tried to escape and succeeded at it, but I wasn’t ready for what was about to come.

My grip on the wheel tightens, my knuckles turn white just to think of what I had to live with that monster, thanks to him I have scars for all my body, mostly covered by delicate tattoos, but you can´t really cover the mental scars, can you now?

You can put a mask in your personality, but when you're alone with your thoughts is another story. Suffering in silence is the worst pain you can deal with, but if it is what it takes to show your strength, then that is what I do since I was fifteen.

I always try to push the thoughts away by training or running, I keep myself exhausted so that's the only thing I can think about, but it doesn't takes the pain away forever, just temporary.

Lost in my thoughts I slow down my car to see that I was arriving to the Matteos´ mansion.

It´s now or never.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

And the first chapter is a wrap!

I will update at least every week. Hope you enjoy!

~Nicky