Chapter 26

"Ethan, you're such a cheat, I just saw you move the piece." 

We were playing Ludo with Ethan's grandmother, and since he was losing badly he had resorted to cheating. 

"You didn't have to snitch on me, you've already won," he grumbled.

 "You're such a sore loser," I laughed.

 His grandma had gone to the bathroom, so he had decided to take advantage of her absence by moving his piece. 

He crossed his arms like a 3-year-old. "You don't know what she's like when she beats me, she really rubs it in," Ethan whined. This just made me laugh harder.

 As I did, I noticed Ethan was staring at me with a funny look in his eyes. The corner of his mouth was curved up as though he couldn't help but smile. Coming down from my laughing fit, a question popped to mind. 

"Ethan, can I ask you a question?" 

"Yeah sure, go ahead," he said with a nonchalant shrug, as he leaned back on his chair. 

"You know that girl you mentioned you had a crush, why do you like her?" I asked curiously. I tried to keep my voice nice, and calm, not wanting my jealousy to seep through my words. 

Because fuck was I jealous. Getting Ethan Blythe to like you was quite an accomplishment as he's awfully fucking picky. I've never seen the boy ask out a single girl. Not once!

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion for a couple of seconds as though he didn't quite get what I was on about. Soon, his eyes lit up with recollection, and an amused smirk crawled its way on to his face.

 "Well, I like that girl for many reasons," he smiled. "I guess a big one's because she's funny, and how she always seems to have some comeback up her sleeve. She's sassy and smart, and fun. And well, just beautiful," he finished with a goofy grin.

  Jesus fucking Christ, how whipped could one guy get? 

"Oh, and one more," he added. "She's sexy as -fuck, and her body is just, uh," he groaned as he bit his lip. 

My stomach turned in rage. "Okay, okay, I get it, Ethan. You've made your fucking point," I snapped rather sharply. I didn't even care that I had potentially outed myself. Hearing your crush go on a tangent about another girls' body, was just far too fucking awful to listen to. 

Wait a second...I should totally help try and hook them up. It would be the perfect slap in the face, to help me get over him. How did I not think of this before?

"Ethan, no offense, but why don't you grow some balls and ask this girl out?" I snapped boldly.

 Looking alarmed by the question, he shifted uncomfortably in his chair. "It's a little more complicated than that Mia. I have to wait a little longer until I'm good enough for her," he shrugged.

 "Sounds like you're just making excuses to me," I scoffed. 

"Okay, I'm not going to lie, asking her out scares the shit out of me." he laughs. "But, I'm serious though about not being ready for her. I want to be perfect when we're finally together, I don't want to have anger issues, I don't want to still be in therapy, I want to be fixed," he stammered out. 

"She deserves a guy who's as perfect as she is. And one day I'll be that guy, just not today," he finished softly. His eyes were dripping with such an intensity, that I could scarcely look away. It was beautiful how much he cared for her. 

Giving him a comforting smile, I took his hand. "Ethan, you're way too hard on yourself. There's nothing wrong with you, and you're not broken, okay?" I explained softly. "So, you lose your temper sometimes, so what? I do too, no-ones perfect Ethan, even her."