3: everyday is a battleday

The mild aroma of confectionery and roasted beans wafted in the air thickened with the murmur of people conversing in groups ranging from twos to fours as they sat huddled or lone in the trendy interior with round wooden tables, enjoying their meals or waiting on orders.

Jeongguk let out an almost drained breath, messaging the kinks in his neck and shoulders as he waited for his Expresso. Sitting across him was jimin, leisurely leaning back in his seat as he spoke to the charming waitress about their orders.

It was Currently lunch time and the duo were in a cafe across the street, situated opposite to their office building.

Flanked on either side by skyscrapers, the cafe poised as an escape Haven for customers comprising of mostly office workers and students alike. The small Nestled surroundings, aromatic and hushed atmosphere a perfect destination for last minute assignment preparations or quick breaks.

It has been a few weeks already since jeongguk started working in the finance sector as the private secretary to director Kim and truth to be spoken his days have been mostly fun
enjoyable, amazing, quality spent

FUCKING. NOT. for Jeongguk.

not getting into much details, but let's suffice to say that, at this point jeongguk was jimin's fingers away from shoving the black fax machine on his desk, down his boss's throat.

He would have almost planned out his assassination, had there not been the pitiful pathetic excuse of "law system" in existence. No kidding the intention and wishes to murder Kim taehyung in cold blood grew on him so much that it was an insufferable itch for jeongguk.

Ok jokes apart, director Kim was all in all.a.dickhead.no wait it's as in..

D I C K H E A D.

The meaningful eight letters in complete caps.. and jeongguk wasn't exaggerating.

Kim Taehyung had a very arrogant cold phat ass which he loved to perch atop his sky high trojan horse and he acted as if everyone owed him something or the other. And the fact that he especially held a grudge against jeongguk wasn't helping him either.

It was as if he couldn't get over his resentment of kicking Jeongguk out and thus made him work to the last penny

Whatever sort of blown away or baffled cheesy queasy sensations Jeongguk had earlier felt when he first saw taehyung ( he later blamed it on the left over sausages he had for breakfast thank you.) had now morphed into nothing but deep loath and hate towards the black haired gucci stinking bitch.

Jimin was quietly observing jeongguk and the twisting changes in his expressions caused him to chuckle lightly

"so gguk, how are you getting along so far? Like it here? "Jimin asked, already predicting the answer. He wrapped his fingers around the slightly warm cup and looked up at the the waitress flashing her one of his infamous curvy eye smiles.

The poor flustered soul mumbled something in between a "here's your order and thanks" before placing their orders on the table and fleeing away, her cheeks high with colour.

Jeongguk scoffed under his breath turning to face him" hmm? How should I say it.... same as America under trump? " He pursed his lips and moodily stirred the contents of his Expresso.

By now, jeongguk and jimin had already advanced from being just work colleagues to first name terms, it didn't that long for them to become good friends despite jeongguk's shy nature but he simply couldn't resist jimin's natural charms and mischievous personality. Besides that, he was really very helpful and welcoming towards him.