Prologue

Setting: Southern Water Tribe

Korra(15)

(Y/N)(14)

Third person POV

Korra and (Y/N) were sparring in the afternoon. While (Y/N) is dodging all of Korra's attacks, she starts talking to Korra. "So...when is your earthbending test tomorrow?"(Y/N) asked, preparing to ambush Korra from behind. "Noon, why?" Korra asked. (Y/N) then sweeps Korra's legs and pins her on her stomach and hands on her back. "Just wanted to know if you could make it to say goodbye"(Y/N) says with a somewhat sad tone letting Korra get up. Korra starts to dust the snow off her clothes and walks with (Y/N) towards Naga. "Goodbye to who?"Korra asked, worried by her friend's tone."To me, I'm heading to Republic City tomorrow." (Y/N) says while petting Naga. "Leaving?! isn't this all of a sudden?"Korra asked. "I know it is but I feel that if I don't go I'll never leave here. Korra as much as you've helped me see this place as a home, I want to see what the rest of the world has to offer." (Y/N) says holding Korra's shoulders as her (y/e/c) meets her sky blue eyes. "Ok, I'll be there." Korra smiles and pulls (Y/N) into a hug.

(Timeskip to the next day) Korra POV

I lay in bed only to realize what time it is because I overslept. "Crap I'm late!!"I say as I rush to get dressed and head to the docks before (Y/N) leaves. As I put Naga's saddle on I heard my earthbending teacher call me for my test. The pressure of never seeing (Y/N) again set in and I ultimately decide to ride off to the docks before it's too late.

By the time I get to the docks I see people boarding the boat. I look in the crowd of people and see (Y/N)'s unforgettable (H/L) (H/C) hair. I smile at the sight of her and yell,"(Y/N)!!!" (Y/N) then turns around and sees me running towards her. (Y/N) runs toward me to meet me in the middle and we hug in a tight but comforting embrace."I thought you couldn't make it."(Y/N) said while still hugging me. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. But I will miss you and I hope that I can join you when I'm allowed to leave." I say that and hold her shoulders and see a small amount of red rise to her cheeks and I smile at her. "Goodbye Korra. I'll miss you too."(Y/N) says walking off and stops a couple feet away from the boat. At that moment I had hoped she would change her mind at the last second but instead she turned back to me and looked at me in my eyes with her beautiful (y/e/c) iris and smiled and boarded the boat.

(Y/N)'s POV(Timeskip)

All my life I've always wondered what my fate would be. I know it's unusual for a girl so young to think about that but I fear that if I am not to find something I can show passion towards I'll never feel complete. Luckily Master Katara saw something in me that I couldn't see in myself, yet. And thanks to Korra's eagerness to make a friend with someone other than a polar bear dog I have someone cheering me on all the way in the south pole.

It took most of the day to finally reach the city. As the boat rode towards the docks of Republic City I could see the most beautiful view. "Wow, Korra would love this."I whispered to myself. After the comment I started to think of her wondering if I'll see her again. But as I looked towards Avatar Aang's statue I realized everything happens for a reason and if we see each other again it will be when we need each other the most. The boat finally docked and I stepped off and looked to the busy streets and said to myself,"Welcome to Republic City (Y/N)."