Chapter 1

Zoey's POV

It took a whole lot of begging but I finally did it I moved out! I am out of the hellhole! Oh wow I never cursed before...I was never allowed to anyway. I looked around the small apartment. It had a small modern like kitchen and a living room with a bathroom and 2 bedrooms. It wasn't the greatest of apartments but it only me living here so it doesn't really matter anyway!

Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. Hi there! I'm Zoey Carson! Or Zoe, whichever you prefer. I just turned 18 recently. I have long dark brown hair with dark caramel highlights and tips. I dyed it when I moved out only because I was never allow to dye my hair and I decided on something cute, but not insane, it actually looks pretty good. I also have weird eyes... they're brown with specked of a deep blue closer to the center of my eyes... I don't know, i think they're weird. I never considered myself pretty, well maybe thats because I have never been called beautiful or pretty for that matter. But we are getting off track now.

Anyways, like I said I'm Zoey, I was raised by my very strict Christian parents. I love them to death. But gosh were they overprotective of me. They never trusted me. I never had a boyfriend and only had one friend my entire life. My life was rather lonesome and bland. But oh well, now that I'm 18, I can do whatever I please. And I am going to live my life to the fullest!

I shook off my thoughts and started to unpack my things. I turned on the news and watched while unpacking things like picture frames and such. As I intensely unpacked I heard the reporter say a name I haven't heard in a while.

"Local residental Zayn Malik" Zayn Malik that sounds awfully familar. Zayn, Zayn, Zayn? Do I know a Zayn? It's not really a common name.

Then it hit me! Zayn Malik, I went to primary school with him. I swear he practically lived in the detetion room! No surpise he is on the news, probably robbed a store or something. Did I mention Zayn got kicked out of school in year 11 for setting a teacher's car on fire? No? Well now I have.

"Local residant Zayn Malik came in third place on popular hit reality show The X-Factor with his band One Directi-"

But then I swithced it off. I honestly don't care much for Zayn. I didn't even know he sang. Actually come to think of it, I never actually knew him. I was always taught to stay away from people like him and thats exactly what I did.

I was finally done packing and my roommate/best friend Leah, an absoulutely gorgerous blonde, and a complete sweetheart, came skipping through the room.

"Whats got you so happy?" I questioned the curly haired blonde.

"Nothing, just thought maybe we could go to a club tonight." She replied with her voice being so innocent and sweet.

I swallowed hard. A club? A club? I don't think I could handle that... But then again I said i was going to try some new things out. Why not?

"I think that is just what we need, how about we go shopping considering all of our clothes consist of turtlenecks and jeans." I laughed. Leah's parents and mind where best friends and, well they still are. Leah's parents are Christian and Leah basically had the same exact childhood as me. She was my one and only friend my parents allowed.

"Hey Zoe, do you think that we could meet someone tonight?" The quiet voice sang as it questioned me. Meet someone...? What is she talking about?

"What do you mean?" I asked, voicing my thoughts. She playfully rolled her eyes and sarcastically huffed, pretending to be annoyed that she has to explain something to me. One word: diva.

"Well. I mean like meet a guy....? She said, trying to get me to catch on. My eyes widened in shock at her statement, but I couldn't stop the giddy feeling that came whenever your not supposed to be doing something. I felt a knot come into my stomach though as I thought of what could possibly happen tonight...

I've never had alcohol, nor do I plan to, and I've never even held hands with a guy, let alone meet someone in that kind of atmosphere...

Well. This'll be fun