Chapter 7

Time skip 3 years (Y/n and Kakashi are 8 yrs old)

What happened during the time skip

After being promoted to Genin at the age of five, you and Kakashi received your first D rank mission by the Third Hokage. The mission was to deliver baked goods to a feudal lord residing in the Hidden Leaf Village. You continued to do simple tasks such as this for a few weeks. Throughout that whole endeavor you and Kakashi wanted to do harder missions so you convinced the Hokage to give you higher ranking missions. He ended up agreeing because he wanted to see how we would be able to handle 'actual missions'.

Once you and Kakashi turned six years old, you were now completing C rank and sometimes B rank. You both tended to be separated into different squads during these missions. Which you didn't have a problem with, you wanted to meet more people. As each mission was completed you began to notice that more squad members who were placed with Kakashi started to gossip. Saying 'they didn't want to be put in a squad with someone who prioritized the mission over their squad's safety' During this time Kakashi officially asked to move in even though he was already staying at your house to begin with.

Back to the story 

Your Pov.

Yesterday afternoon we received a message from the Third Hokage, which stated 'Come to the Hokage's mansion tomorrow morning.'

"What do you think Third-sama wants? " I ask.

"How should I know? " He scoffed. 'Helpful as ever!'

"Geez, thanks Kakashi!" I say sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"You're welcome." He says with a closed eye smile. I turn away and rub my face in annoyance.

....

Knock, knock

"Come in." The Third shouts from inside the room. I grab the gold door handle and push the door open.

"Hello Y/n-sama, Kakashi. " The Hokage greets and we nod/ wave in response.

"I would like to introduce you to your new Sensei, Minato Namikaze. " He continues. I look over at Minato and he waves. "You two will be put on squad 7. Your teammates will be Rin Nohara and Obito Uchiha. " Kakashi faces palms and the Hokage gives him a look but continues "you will meet your team tomorrow at 7:00 am. You two are dismissed. " The Hokage finishes. We walk out the door.

"Really out of all people! We had to get Obito!" Kakashi complains.

I am not sure what Kakashi's deal with Obito is, I think it's because Obito is the complete opposite of him and goes against his ninja code... But, what do I know, I shrug. We start walking to one of the various training grounds. As we were walking I noticed a lady with dark hair, dark eyes, and light skin. She had bags wrapped around both arms. The bags pulled her arms down and what made matters worse was that she held an infant. I stopped, I don't know why but, I felt bad and wanted to help her.

"Hey, Kakashi? I'll meet up with you later. I just remembered I have something to do." I said and waved goodbye.

Kakashi just ends up staring at my confused but, nods anyway continuing to the training fields. I walk over to the lady and wave hello. She tilts her head in surprise.

"Excuse me? I was just wondering if you needed any help?" I ask politely.

The young woman gave me a closed eye smile. She hands me the two bags and begins to walk. I follow next to her and notice the baby begins to toss and turn.

"If you don't mind me asking...what's your baby's name?"

She turns her head and smiles at me. "His name is Itachi." 'Such a cute baby!'