Chapter 3: Afterwards

The rest of my week was well, eventful. Let's just say that Alli was not happy when she found out about my little encounter with Austin. I tried to hide it from her, but the girl does better research than the FBI. She knows anything and everything. 

She ran a hand through her purple hair, glaring at me from across my room. "Jordan! You cannot do that to someone you just met. Ugh, this is literally ridiculous." 

"Ridiculous? He wouldn't leave me alone! He was like some kind of leech!" I argued. She just shook her head at me.

"Look, I know Calc is your worst subject and all, but Austin is just one of those happy-go-lucky people. He just wants to make friends so he doesn't have to walk the halls alone. We've all had to do that once. It's not fun, Jord." 

I shook my head. Nope. I was not going to be friends with him. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. I practically scarred him for life when I whisper-screamed at him. Trust me, if we hadn't been in class, I would've actually screamed. I just can't stand it when people are so persistent like that. It's stupid. Just leave it alone. I shouldn't have to yell at someone like that to get it through to them that I'm not in the mood. 

With a sigh, she walked over to me and sat down. 

"What now?" I grumbled. 

"Jordan. You may not have the best relationship with boys, but he's a really nice guy. If you just treat him like a normal person, you could at least be friends." She stuck out her lower lip, pouting at me. Okay, now this is ridiculous. 

I got up and opened my door. "No." I stated flatly, storming out of my room. 

"Alright, alright, fine! Then just do one thing for me!" When I ignored her, she ran up to me and grabbed my hand. "Apologize." 

"Me? Apologize?"

"Yes."

"Hell no!"

"Hell yes!"

"If you can get that dumbass to leave me alone, then fine. He's tried to apologize to me about forty times this week. My head's going to explode!" I ran a hand down my face, turning away from her and yanking my hand out of her grasp so I could go downstairs. 

She followed me down the stairs, her voice going straight from annoyed to pleading. 

"Please, Jordan! He's a nice guy, I promise. He at least deserves a rare Jordan Miller apology." Rare? I quirked an eyebrow at her, and she shrugged. "They are pretty rare." 

"If I say yes, will you go away?" She nodded. "Then fine. Now go away." I went into the kitchen, but after a moment, I turned around to see her standing in the archway. "What?"

"Can I stay for a little while? I don't get TLC at home." 

I rolled my eyes. "Are you serious? You want to stay at my house so you can watch Dance Moms?" 

"If we could afford it, I'd be watching Dance Moms in my own bed right now." 

"I'll be there in a minute; you're lucky I love you." I shooed her away while I got a tub of ice cream out.  As I was making my way through the living room, I noticed my reflection in the hallway mirror over to the right. Ugly. 

I shook my head, plopping down on the couch with Alli. 

We watched a few hours of Dance Moms before Alli got a message from her mom asking her to come home for dinner. She thanked me for letting her stay over, and I told her that it was no problem, as long as she didn't chew me out every time she came. She rolled her eyes at that.