I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs

Jim.

He was really a god send in my life. I was lost before him. He gave me my brother back. And then his brother gave me my brother back, again, because Jim asked him to. Okay, I know. He didn't do it the first time because he gave a shit. He did it for my unwavering loyalty, so I didn't slit his throat when I first moved in. I certainly thought about it quite a bit. It was tempting, but his scheme worked its magic. I couldn't hurt him after what he'd done for me. He gave me a life again, a reason to live.

The more time we spent together, the more infatuated I got with him. His jokes, his smiles, the way he drums counter tops and hums tunes to himself as he wanders around, searching for misplaced objects. After a while, he managed to convince me that he did give a shit. He looks after me better than anyone has my entire life. He makes me food, takes care of me when I'm ill. I got injured on a job for him once, and holy shit, no one has ever been that tender with me, cutting me out of my shirt so I didn't have to move too much, being as gentle and as thorough as possible as he disinfected the wound on my side and patched it up. He didn't even say anything vaguely flirtatious until after he was sure I was okay, but when he did, he really went for it. I remember it quite distinctly, him standing up with the first aid kit, promising to get me a strong drink. I settled back into the sofa, relieved to be home with him, then there were arms around my neck from behind, fingertips trailing down my chest, passed my bellybutton, and I was convinced they were going to go straight down to my crotch, but he stops, right above my belt, and I didn't dare breathe, wanting more than anything to give myself into his touch, to arch my back up into it. In hindsight, I think if I'd asked him right then, he would've done anything. But I'm a fool, so I didn't ask him, worried that moving would break the spell. "Nice abs, Tiger..." he purred seductively into my ear, breath tickling my neck. To my delight, he lightly dragged his teeth across my earlobe. I'm sure he could feel me shudder beneath him. I could imagine his smug face, but he didn't take it further, simply letting his lips brush the sensitive skin of my neck directly beneath the ear for a few seconds that feel like a lifetime, but didn't last nearly as long as I wanted it to. He stretched up, sliding his hands back up my chest before walking away. He came back with a drink and a clean shirt for me, and we never spoke of it again. It made getting stabbed worth it.

I think the moment I realised that Jim really trusted me was when he let me meet his brother. Given how fiercely protective Jim is of Richard, and how hard he tries to keep him out of the way of his work, I was quietly touched that Jim allowed me to know of Richard's existence. It was a weird day, given I wasn't expecting to meet him. I'd just come home from shopping, out of the corner of my eye seeing someone who was the same shape as Jim, so I didn't think much of it. I turned around to lock the door behind me.

"Hey, Jim. They didn't have any-" I turned and stared at the man on my sofa, completely identical to Jim in every way, but something within me told me that that was not my James. "You're... not Jim," I said slowly, glued to the spot as I studied this stranger. My first instinct is to attack, but given the odd circumstances, I chose not to point my gun at him

Not-Jim frowned, surprise evident in his face. "You can tell?"

We stare at each other for a few awkward seconds before Jim- Actual Jim, not Not-Jim- walked in from the kitchen, carrying two mugs.

"Oh, hi Seb! I didn't hear you come in," Jim said, not drawing attention to the elephant in the room, putting a mug down in front of Not-Jim and one where he usually sat.

"He knew I wasn't you, Jim," Not-Jim informed Actual Jim, glancing at me apprehensively.

Jim looked at me as well and smiled, looking impressed and almost... pleased? "You could?"