in which they need to make decisions (and he doesn't know what to say)

Alfie liked to read over his notes several times prior to writing an exam. It was one of the quickest and simplest manners in which to study, he found. Like most kids his age, he despised studying. But of course, in order to land himself a degree, he was forced to put hours into studying things he sometimes didn't want to. 

Liz...well, Liz was a bit different. She enjoyed studying a lot. Although her studying habits were sometimes unusual, they managed to teach her enough to earn great marks in all her classes, putting her on the Dean's Honour List. Her mother was quite proud of her, to say the least. Liz herself, could care less. She wanted in-and-out of university. She wanted a degree and then she wanted to move. Perhaps far away, where she could take on a different identity and no one could question her past. It's not like she had much to hide, but she had been one person for so very long, she was bored now and wanted change. In a way, Alfie became that change. 

His unique habits, his cute mannerisms, and his intelligent persona were all new to her. No one in her life was quite like him. Most of her friends consisted of university study-mates who she met up with every now and again to discuss certain topics. Vanessa, her roommate, wasn't even a close friend. She was a girl who happened to get on with her well enough to share a flat with in the city. They hardly saw each other anyway. And then there was Mae, her cousin. Mae wasn't around as much as Liz hoped. Her cousin lived a life well away from the happenings of the city and only made it out to see Liz once in a while. 

During exam season, Liz and Alfie managed to make ample time to see each other, either at the library or their favourite cafe. After their exams had ended, the idea of taking a holiday was on the minds of most students. Both their respected university campuses were filled with people chatting about where they were going to be off to for the summer. Liz knew her mother would insist on Zanzibar Bay, their favourite holiday destination. Alfie knew his older sister would prefer it if he came home. Both were in a bit of a dilemma because without speaking, neither wanted to leave the city without the other. It was then that Liz decided to make a bold move. 

FROM: E(LIZ)A(BETH)

TO: ALFIE

I’ve got something to ask you. Mind seeing me for a bit?

FROM: ALFIE

TO: E(LIZ)A(BETH)

Yeah, sure. Han’s Café?

FROM: E(LIZ)A(BETH)

TO: ALFIE

I’ll be there in twenty minutes.

FROM: ALFIE

TO: E(LIZ)A(BETH)

Okay, see you then:) 

Her hands were shaking as she stepped off the bus. Well, sort of. A part of her still wasn't entirely certain why she was even going to ask him, despite the fact that she had spent the past twenty minutes making herself understand that he wouldn't be too taken aback by it. They had been friends for five months now. This was hardly going to be too much to ask for...right? 

She shook her head and stomped her feet outside Han’s Café. No one paid her much attention, though for which she was glad. Her mind was a mess, so she wasn't sure what would spill from her lips if she had to explain herself to the onlookers. 

Inside the café, she located their usual table and sat down. She hardly had a moment's rest when Alfie came walking over, all smiles and bright eyes. He always seemed to be like that when he saw her. And she loved it. It made everything inside her flip and light up. It was a feeling she didn't have a word for, but she wanted to feel it forever.