98 || Malfoy Manor

Katerina Blair's silver lioness Patronus pranced around her, illuminating the tent with its blue glow and providing a source of entertainment for Harry, Ron and Hermione. It also brought Katie a sense of comfort, which, she supposed, was what Patronuses were supposed to do.

"Oh my God!" Hermione gasped suddenly, jumping to her feet and rushing into the kitchen.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute."

Harry stood up and followed her into the kitchen. "Maybe you could tell me now."

Katie did not get up, instead continuing to watch her lioness circle the tent, but she could hear Harry and Hermione's conversation quite clearly. Ron, also, did not retreat to the kitchen, instead deciding to remain on his bottom bunk looking thoroughly disgruntled about something.

"The sword of Gryffindor — it's Goblin made."

"Brilliant." Harry said sardonically.

"No, you don't understand," Hermione went on, excitement shaking her voice. "Dirt and rust have no affect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger."

There was a pause in which neither of them spoke.

"Harry, you already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary, in the Chamber of Secrets."

"With a basilisk fang! If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours—"

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor. It's blade is impregnated with basilisk venom."

Katie made an involuntary movement. This was why Dumbledore had left the sword of Gryffindor to Harry in his will. Ron, however, did not look pleased at all. In fact, he groaned loudly and clenched his fists.

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger."

"Exactly, which is why—"

"It can destroy Horcruxes!"

"And that's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will."

"You are brilliant, Hermione! Truly!"

Ron got to his feet and began making his way towards the kitchen. With a sudden feeling of looming foreboding, Katie stood up and followed him.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook."

"Yeah... there's only one problem with this—"

Ron clicked the Deluminator and the lights went out. When he clicked it a second time and the balls of light were returned to their lamps, Harry and Hermione were staring at Ron, who had just entered the kitchen with Katie behind him.

"Yeah, I'm still here," Ron drawled, an undertone of venom to his voice. "But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun."

Harry had a book opened in front of him. Looking as though he was refraining from rolling his eyes, he closed the book, turned to face Ron and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway."

Katie gulped harshly. For the briefest of moments, her eyes met Hermione, and she knew that they were thinking the exact same thing — an argument was brewing.

"If you've got something to say, don't be shy," Harry said. "Spit it out."

"All right, I'll spit it out," Ron snarled. "Don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've got to find."