95 - LETTING GO OF *SINGLE MEMORY APOLOGIES*

I could float your boat

WELCOME TO CHAPTER 95 OF LETTING GO

🦋*🦋*🦋* 🦋

TUESDAY

25TH NOVEMBER, 2019

I clear my throat quietly at the silence that fills the room just after Dr Dubois speaks and we all stare at Dallas waiting for her to say something.

It was only just 8 in the morning and I was only awake cause Dallas had come to my room at 4 something to wake me up cause she was bored and could not sleep.

We'd played Tic tac toe till it was 5, pausing to talk every minute and then we moved on to the TV, changing channels a hundred times cause nothing interested Dallas.

We'd ended up just talking about whatever and I was careful not to say anything that might cause her to look at me with that intensely confused expression that comes on her face when I talk about something we used to both know.

It looks like it hurts her head so I tried to spare her that.

It wasn't long before it was 7:30 and Dr Dubois had come to check on me...and Dallas since she was already in my room.

Hugo had arrived just some minutes after Dr Dubois came in and he'd (Dr Dubois) decided to explain the situation of things to Dallas now.

On a normal day, with everything that has happened and the questions and tests, Dallas would most likely have figured her memory loss out but she has kind of been floating on the surface and thinking or putting two and two together currently isn't her thing.

"Excuse me?" She finally speaks, a frown on her face aimed at the doctor.

"Its not certain to what extent you have lost your memories but it seems you are unable to remember anything in the span of 5 years" he says looking down at his notepad and she just stares at him like he's dumb

"That's just fucking stupid" she says

Told you she was looking at him like he was dumb.

"Ah..." the doctor says only, looking up from his notepad, clearly unsure of how to reply to that

She literally just threw away his diagnosis like he hadn't spent years in medical school and more years practicing medicine.

"How can I possibly just lose a 5 years worth of memories? That's crazy, insane even. I mean..." She's doing exactly what I was doing.

Refusing to believe the possibility cause maybe just then it might be impossible and then the situation untrue

But it doesn't work that way.

"Didi, how about Dr Dubois finishes talking first?" Hugo interrupts her and she rolls her eyes before leaning back and placing her head on my shoulder, keeping quiet

It seems to be her favorite thing to do, resting on my shoulder.

Rather than comfort for her, it's more comfort for me. She didn't feel distant even with her memory loss and I am very happy with that.

This is still all so weird to me. I honestly thought I'd wake up and this would all just be a dream.

But what if it is a dream?

What if it's just a really long dream?

Okay I'll just stop thinking crazy now.

"Well looking at the list of people that are on here, you only ticked the names of people you knew from the age of 22 and below. New contacts and acquaintances made from the ages of 23 and down are not ticked here as known contacts" Dr Dubois continues, looking down at his notepad, silently grateful to Hugo for shutting Dallas up and giving him the floor to speak