𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆

Sitting around Marcus and Shabnam's room did not worry Lilith, as it was the perfect time for the girl to catch up on the lack of sleep, she has been having the last few days

Sitting around Marcus and Shabnam's room did not worry Lilith, as it was the perfect time for the girl to catch up on the lack of sleep, she has been having the last few days. Lilith did not care for Marcus's whereabouts and did not seem to be fazed when she heard Master Lin's footsteps pacing down the hall, the slamming of his stick hitting the wooden flooring down the hall, flooding the eyes of the King Dominion students locked in random or their own bedrooms.

Master Gao's voice alerted Willie and Viktor, the two boys bringing their noses out of the comics that were situated on Marcus's desks from the comic store him and Willie work and spend most of their free time in. The woman was currently announcing the food and eating situations that were occurring during their lockdown, not really gaining Lilith's attention as she turned over, facing the blank wall beside Marcus's bed.

Willie looked down at the sleeping girl, of whom had not muttered a word to him since his comments about Marcus earlier. A sad smile appeared onto his face as he hovered his hand over her shoulder, feeling a sense of guilt for the look of peacefulness covered her face as she slept. If Willie had never asked Master Lin to have Lilith accompany them on their mission to retrieve Marcus, the relationship between them would never have been as hurtful for his best friend, nor to himself or Billy of whom both had to watch their friend deteriorate back into the mental and physical state she was only two years ago, where every time either him or Billy would visit the girl in her room, she would be sat there in tears or throwing knives at them, demanding that they leave her alone.

Willie wanted to hate Marcus for what he did to Lilith. In fact, most of him did hate him for toying with her heart, even Saya's heart as he picked and chose between the two girls and Maria, as he couldn't decide which one of them, he wanted. Willie despised this about Marcus, just as much as Billy and Lex despise the new boy too, not just for the indecisiveness of the boy, but the trouble and how he disrupted the atmosphere and their day to day choices since his arrival.

"Lili..." Willie whispered as he heard the monks open the door, allowing them to go and pick up their food. The girl hummed as she shook her head, already knowing what the boy was going to ask her.

"Not. Hungry." She said between yawns, quickly returning back to her slumber before Willie could speak further. The boy nodded his head, giving her arm a gentle rub before him and Viktor disappeared out of the room to get food other than crisps into their stomachs.

The sound of the door closing and the two boys' footsteps disappearing down the hall, allowed tears that Lilith had been trying so hard to hide, to fall down her face, dropping onto one of Marcus's pillows.

"Why are you like this Lilith?" She said, sniffling in between words, allowing her eyes to close, to prevent any further tears to fall.

Seeing herself and feeling in so much pain, made Lilith begin to realise and recognise her own feelings. Yes, she liked Marcus. But she could not be with him, nor give him another chance until he knew for certain what he wanted. Sure she knew that her feelings for the boy would not disappear overnight, but she was ready to put him and her feelings towards him at the back of her mind, instead prioritising her own feelings as well as other important matters in her life, finding her bastard of a brother and becoming mentally healthier.