In the beginning...

Maybank, South Carolina; present day:
August:

As far as me and my family new, our secret was safe. We had moved to Maybank, South Carolina during the summer. I had spent most of the summer inside, reading history on Maybank.

My name is Vanette Leighton Taylor, I was born in 1452 in England and I'm a vampire. So is all of my family. I have long brown hair, blue eyes, and rosey cheeks. I was the shortest in my family and the smallest. I have two older brothers.

The oldest out of all us children, Zachariah Abel Taylor, who we usually call Zachary these days. He had dishwater blonde hair, brown eyes, and very red lips. He was quite a bit taller than me and over the years had packed on the muscles.

The second oldest was Conrad Boyd Taylor. He is quite beautiful if I do say so myself. Conrad and I looked a lot a like, actually. We both had brown hair, blue eyes and rosey cheeks. For a guy he was short, but he also had big muscles.

Then, there was my younger twin brothers Josiah Keyon Taylor and Jusitn Kingsley Taylor. They were identical twins with light blonde hair, green eyes, and full pink lips. Josiah had more of a good boy vibe, but Justin was a bad boy through and through. He had small black gages and rode a motorcycle.

Then, there was my father, Harlod Taylor. He was changed when he was in his fifties, so he had gray hair. I don't really remember him being much other than my gray haired father. Before I was changed, I had a mother and two sisters.

My older sister, Victoria Paislee Taylor had beautiful, silky black hair and brown eyes. She had perfect olive skin and all the boys loved her. She was a two years older than me, she died when she was nineteen.

Then there was my younger sister, Kaylun Valentina Taylor she died when she was fourteen. I don't remember much about her except for that she was very pretty. She had strawberry blonde hair and a beautiful smile. She was very loved amongst the family. They both died durning their transformations. I remember my transformation like it was yesterday.

Wylie, England 1452:

It was a bright and sunny day out, in the middle of summer. I was outside laying in the grass when I saw my older brother, Zachariah disappear into the woods.

I followed after him, being as quiet as a mouse. I followed him to the middle of the woods, where there was a well sticking out of the ground. He used a rope and put it down the well. When he pulled the rope back out there was a young girl on the end of it. I sighed, it was just another heroic act by my older brother.

Then, it happened. Zachariah bit into her neck and started to drink her blood. I came out from behind the tree I was hiding behind and screamed.

"Zachariah! What are you doing?"

He looked up and dropped her. Then he smiled and held out his hand,

"sister, your here. Just as the prophecies have said. Come it is your turn now."

I walk towards him slowly, he slowly brings up another person, a boy this time. He holds onto the boys collar, I see how scared the boy looks. There's a smile on Zachariah's face, a smile I had never seen before. I shake my head,

"No, I will not. You are a monster, brother."

He chuckles,
"No sister, we all are."

He opens his mouth and I see sharpened fangs come into his mouth. He bites the boys neck, then he throws the boy to me. I fall to my knees beside him and look at his bloody neck.

Then something happens to me. I feel a very sharp pain in my mouth and suddenly, my stomach starts growling. I grab my stomach and fall to the ground crying. I scream as an even sharper pain enters my mouth.