Saving Me

While taking a break from The Bet, I made this short story! It is completed and I think it's quite good, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did writing it!

                                                                                Saving Me

Sarah stood over the small grave; tears steadily streaming down her agile face. Only a week ago she was your normal typical teenager; but now after the tragedy that bestowed her Sarah has been left a broken and lonely girl. Sarah was a happy go lucky person and everything in her life was right, but all it took was that one moment to change everything in her life for the worse. The one moment that changed her life forever was the loss of her boyfriend Michael. Ever since that faithful day it seemed like a piece of Sarah had died alongside Michael.

                                                                                ***

“Happy three year anniversary, Sarah” Michael looked at his loving girlfriend with a mixture of pure joy and eagerness. Reaching into his right pocket he pulled out a small box and presented it to her.

“I know you said no gifts but I wanted to get this for you.” Taking the box, Sarah looked inside to find a beautiful gold ring engraved with her name on it.

“It’s beautiful Michael, I love it!” Putting the ring on her index finger; Sarah looked the ring in stunned silence. Thinking to herself she thought; this must have cost him a fortune! Michael snapped her back to reality with a question.

“Do you like it? Michael asked her curiously. Placing the small box on the table next to them, Sarah got up and embraced Michael lovingly.

“It’s beautiful Michael, I love it!” For the past three years Michael had made her the happiest girl in the world, and she planned on staying with him for a long time. He was just the perfect guy and losing him would be unbearable for her. As he held her tightly in his arms she looked up and kissed him softly.

“I love you Michael, don’t you ever leave me.”

“I promise you this Sarah; I will never; ever leave you.” “I will die protecting you if that’s what it takes.” Sarah looked into his pale blue eyes and thought about how much she truly loved him. She knew that he meant his word that he would die protecting her and she held onto that with all her heart.

                                                                                       ***

“Which movie do you want to watch?” Sarah asked Michael as she shuffled through his movie collection; he had everything from Jaws to Shawshank redemption. He was a movie collector and he had almost any movie you could think of and Sarah loved having a choice.

“How about the Notebook tonight?” Sarah asked picking up the movie and opening it to make sure it’s really there.

“We must have watched that movie over a hundred times!” Michael chuckled to himself. Sliding the movie into the tray they lied down on his couch and got comfortable. Half way through the movie Sarah heard a noise upstairs. Knowing that they were home alone they decided to check it out to make sure nothing bad was happening. Slowly descending up the stairs they both all of a sudden heard a loud crashing noise coming from upstairs.

“It’s probably nothing Sarah it might just be the cat coming inside or something.” Once they reached the top of the stairs Michael motioned for Sarah to stay behind as he went to check out what it was. As Sarah stayed behind Michael went into the kitchen to check out what was making the noise. The room was still pitch black and the only light on was a flashlight from the opposite side of the room.

“Who’s there?” Michael called out into the darkness expecting to get an answer.

Nothing, nobody answered his question. He knew there was somebody in the room because the flashlight was shining. Turning on the light switch next to him light illuminated the room revealing who was in the house. Standing there was a man dressed in all black with a gun in his hand. Right away Michael reacted, running over to Sarah he tried to tell her to hide.

Before he could reach her the man was upon him tackling him to try to subdue him.

“Run Sarah, while you have the chance!” Michael screamed to Sarah urging her to escape the scene. But she wouldn’t listen grabbing a vase off the shelf she smashed it against the intruders head but he didn’t move. His hands were still around Michael’s throat. Thrusting his fist forward he connected with the burglars face and he doubled over from the instant pain from not only the punch but also the vase.

“Were leaving now, let’s go Sarah!” Michael ushered her to the door trying to get her to leave. As there about to leave the burglar is back up on his feet with his gun in his hand.

“Don’t try anything smart either of you or I’ll shoot you both dead!” The burglar said with a menacing voice. As the burglar pointed the gun at both of them Michael turned to Sarah and rapidly muttered to her.

“Sarah, I love you with all my heart and remember when I said I’ll never let anything happen to you?” “Well I have to do what I have to do to protect you.” All of a sudden Michael lunged at the bugler at full speed; the next few minutes for Sarah were a blur. She heard a gunshot and saw Michael fall down clutching his chest as the burglar ran away out the front door. Next thing Sarah knew she was kneeling down next to Michael.

“Michael, it’s going to be ok!” “You’re going to be ok!” Sarah said tears brimming in her eyes. Michael slowly fluttered open his eyes weakly and looked into Sarah’s eyes. Coughing furiously, Michael spoke.

“Sarah, I will always love you even in the afterlife.” “I’m sorry it had to be this way, I wanted to be with you fore- Before Michael could finish the sentence his eyes close and he breathed his last breath. Michael had passed on saving Sarah’s life just like he said he would…

Now she couldn’t control the tears, they streamed down her face at a very rapid pace as the realization that he was gone. Not only had she lost her lover and her best friend but she also lost an essential piece of her own life…

A/N

My new short story, hope you guys liked it! If your wondering also the cops came a few moments after caught the guy and helped out Sarah with everything. I just thought it was perfect to end at that moment so I put the additional information here!