𝐯𝐢𝐢. confrontation

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑳 𝑰 𝑭 𝑬  𝑷 𝑨 𝑻 𝑯
❝ 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛... ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄. The ones on the side of the Cullens were all stiff as a board, as if holding themselves back from recoiling. The Volturi were still moving closer, all three leaders, each member of the Guard, and even their witnesses continue to trudge forward even after making eye contact with several of the people who stood there against them.

"Aro's looking for Alice," Edward informed, having read the raven-haired leader's mind. "And...he's pleased...that Ariadne's here with us."

A low growl rumbled from Alistair's chest, and Ariadne's nostrils flared. She knew the second she met eyes with the so-called 'king' that he wanted nothing more to destroy everyone who stood in his way from acquiring the most powerful vampires, just so he could add them to his roster.

Ariadne's eyebrows twitched slightly when she saw Irina, the reason why this whole thing began. She knew why Irina had reacted the way she did—the story of how their mother perished had somewhat become a 'scary story' to tell other vampires not to create an immortal child—but she couldn't help but feel a little angry at her for not hearing an explanation from Bella before ran to the Volturi.