The Mystery of Flowers and Plants

Witches and apothecaries have been aware of the mysterious and magical properties of plants and flowers for centuries, using them for healing and magic spells. Plants have a personality and individuality, they go through phases and moods just like people, sometimes they are active, other times inactive. It is thought that before a tree is chopped down it actually experiences fear, some plants and flowers are more sensitive than others and react to people's energy and words.

Flowers and plants feel the energy of love and all plants thrive in a calm and happy environment, they especially enjoy music and have varied tastes depending on what species they are, the emotion they release is dictated by their surroundings. They have auras and react to people's moods, becoming tense if around loud or erratic energies, they have an awareness and feel empathy. Tests were conducted in the 70?s, the discovery was that when plants were subjected to undue stress they fainted and remained nonresponsive for a time.

In October 1970 an article was published in Russia proclaiming that plants talk, they not only talk they scream, they stoically bear the pain and accept misfortune. It was written in the article that a barley sprout, attached to very sensitive electronic equipment, cried out when its roots were plunged into hot water. This sound was registered by the electronic instrument attached to the barley sprout, also revealed was a "bottomless vale of tears" on a broad paper band. The recording pen zigzagged crazily out on the white track, documenting the agonizing death throes of the barley sprout. Some kind of brain cells within were telling those conducting the experiment what was happening.

Professor Ivan Isidogovich Gunnar was head of a Plant Physiology Department, and along with his staff conducted hundreds of experiments on plants, these confirmed the presence of electrical impulses in plants, similar to the nerve impulses in man. Professor Gunnar talked about plants and their distinguishing habits, characteristics, and proclivities. He seemed to have the ability to converse with them. A former engineer, Leonid A. Panishkin, became Gunnar's chief assistant. When asked why he gave up the technology to work on plants alongside Gunnar in his laboratory, he said, "well there I used to be involved with metallurgy, here there is life." It seems that plants also have short term memory.

In Bengal India, off the Acharya Prafullachandra Road north of Calcutta University, there are some buildings made of gray and purple sandstone. The main one is the Indian Temple of Science, inside this temple there are glass cases, which contain instruments that were devised more than fifty years ago, to measure the growth and behavior of plants by magnification processes up to 100 million times. Sir Jagadis Chandra Bose who built the Institute of research and its gardens, could not be accurately evaluated because he was so far in advance of his time.

Bose traveled to Europe in 1914, his fourth scientific journey, in England Bose conducted an experiment using his highly sensitive instruments, the specimens he tested were Mimosa pudica and Desmodium gyrons. In his demonstrations at Cambridge and Oxford, the audience was shown how a plant that was touched on one side would shiver and react on the other.

Rudolf Jakob Damerarius, a German professor of medicine and director of the botanical gardens at Tubingen, published a book in 1694, he was the first botanist to reveal that flowering plants have sex and that pollen is necessary for fertilization and seed formation. He stated that plants have female organs in the form of vulva, vagina, uterus and ovaries, serving the same functions as they do in women, as well as male organs in the form of the penis, and testes, designed to sprinkle the air with billions of spermatozoa. And like animals and women, flowers exude a powerful and seductive odor when ready for mating, triggering bees, birds, and butterflies to join in these rites. Flowers that are not fertilized will emit a strong fragrance for up to eight days, or until the plant withers, once the flower is impregnated the powerful fragrance ceases.