6. Traitors Hardly Open Their Eyes

Makoto opened his eyes. He looked around but something was unusual. The monitors weren't blank as they usually were. Instead, Monokuma's face glared down at him.

"Why hello there! Look at who the attacker is this time around! That's right! It's you! Upupuupupupupupupupupup~! Your the lucky winner today! Now for the killing, just watch my simple instruction video veeeery closely and you should be set~!"

Makoto looked around in panic. He was the attacker? No! That's wrong! He hadn't attacked anyone!

He stood up and walked briskly away from the monitor. Listening to anymore of Monokuma's sick voice would drive him crazy.

He needed to know if the others were okay. And if he was the attacker, and didn't kill anybody, then the game was over, right? The game was won, right?

He walked as quick as humanly possible down the hall when he realized something.

He didn't know where they had gone to hide. He'd just trusted that they'd keep his friends safe. How long was he going to stay awake anyways? What did Monokuma count as 'enough time for one person to be killed'?

He could have those questions now, he had to move forward. He looked in each room.

Walking from hall to hall for about five minutes before he finally found them.

Byakuya has been half hastily and messily untied by Toko before the timer went off, though his right wrist was still caught in thin ropes. His glasses were slightly cracked and it looked as if he had been hit in the head. Part of his clothing was ripped. Other than that, no visible injuries were shown.

Toko was lying right next to him. She had tried holding onto his hand but it looked as if he had drawn his hand away at the last moment. His feeble attempt had failed slightly, as her fingertips were just touching his hand as she leaned against him.

It would have been cute but... it was more unsettling than anything.

Ryota seemed to have dropped Kyoko onto the floor rather hastily, his muscles probably wouldn't have ached badly. He was leaning against the wall a slightly pained expression on his face.

Makoto felt bad, Ryota hadn't seemed that strong and he'd made him carry her body, because he wouldn't have been able to run in the hall.

Kyoko was still hunched over. Her ropes were not yet untied. Up close Makoto could see a few cuts on her arm and some bruises on her face. Otherwise she didn't look any different from when she had been twenty minutes ago.

Makoto sighed in relief. They were all safe. He didn't know what to do next. Was Monokuma gonna stalk him down until he killed someone? Or was he gonna simply wake up and be free of the game?

He decided not to try his luck on this one.

Walking as fast as he could, he went to a far hallway, away from his friends. Then he sat down and waited.

After a short amount of time, he felt himself fall asleep again. His time was up.

Makoto was awakened by an urgent Ryota. He was shaking him by the shoulders and yelling at him to wake up.

"Wh...what?" Makoto rubbed his eyes, "what's going on?"

"We don't have time to waste, get on my back, I'll run you there!" Ryota exclaimed and lifted Makoto onto his back as quick as he could. He ran back to the small room Makoto had found them in.

Byakuya was standing now and looked annoyed. The reason became obvious when Makoto got off of Ryota and spotted Toko clamped onto his arm.

"Unhand me." Byakuya growled at Toko. Toko released him at once.