Chapter 8-9

Chapter 8

3:36 PM April 18th, 2016

Underground Missile Silo, Poland, Earth

        "Our airbase at Lask was destroyed by Czech jets, 12 F-16s were lost" -PNSP Sergeant

        Adrian was about to speak but he was interrupted by another soldier running into his office.

        "Good news sir, our embassy in the Czech Republic started negotiations as soon as the ship launched, only one squadron of jets didn't get the stand down order. The Czech have agreed to pay for 50% of the damages over yearly charges to the PNSP itself." -PNSP Corporal

        "Good… I am saddened to hear that men lost their lives because of a miscommunication issue from a puny military. What is the status of Trophy 1?" -Adrian

        "Trophy 1 exited Earth's orbit an hour ago" -PNSP Corporal.

        "What is the current size of our Earth based forces?" - Adrian

        "Currently, the PNSP has 500 armed infantry, equipped with our standard military weapons, 20 Leopard Main battle tanks, all have been air sealed and installed with a ventilator, theoretically they are able to hold a human crew in a condition with no oxygen, all the guns have been installed with the air locking firing mechanism as well. All tanks are 100% operational, and we have 8 Harrier GR9s on order." -PNSP Sergeant.

        "And the time of Trophy 1's arrival to Mars" - Adrian

        "6 months from today sir" -PNSP Corporal.

        "Everything seems to be on schedule, inform me when the Americans or the Germans come asking for explanations, I'll be in my quarters." -Adrian

Chapter 9

5:22 PM April 18th, 2016

Adrian's Quarters, Underground Missile Silo, Poland, Earth

        Adrian lay on his bed. There were reports of the casualties and the contracts from Czech promising to pay for the damages strewn across the bed. He had a tablet in his hands. On the screen was footage from one of the downed F-16s. He watched as the Polish jet was in pursuit until the Gripen turned his nose up 90 degrees and was immediately in pursuit of the F-16. After watching the footage, he sat up and searched through the payments from the Czech. There was definitely enough money for a couple Gripens, but having that pilot lead the squadrons of the PNSP would be invaluable. 

        After informing the Czech government of his proposal, they first denied the request to send one of their pilots to join the PNSP claiming it was against regulations. Adrian then proposed that he cut the cost of the damages in half if they complied. The Czech then agreed and said the pilot would be informed immediately, pleased about cutting the costs in half. 

        An hour later the Czech officials confirmed the pilot was on his way to Poland aboard his jet completely unarmed and would arrive in a couple of hours. 

        Adrian went back to his room and continued figuring out what would he would use the compensation from the Czech for. After an hour of research, he decided to take it in straight cash instead of military equipment.