ɪx | the last time ﹙ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ﹚

(HOLY CRAP I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS ALREADY OH MY I’M SO SORRY I LITTERALLY LEFT YOU HANGING ON THAT LAST ONE!)

You’ve never heard of him ever since.

Everyday, you half-expected him to appear outside your cave with a huge smile on his face, his arms open for an embrace. But that was too good to be true. He’s busy being a god. Besides, what are you really? You are only friends. You can’t just wait for him to come back like you’re lovers.

One by one, all of your Oceanid sisters got married, with either minor gods or wealthy kings from powerful kingdoms.

Your sister Perse married the sun god Helios, and their son Aeëtes became the king of Colchis and married your other sister Idyia. Which is basically marrying his own aunt.

Clymene got married to Iapetus, Titan of the west, and together they had four sons, the most famous is Atlas, who holds up the skies; and Prometheus, who gave fire to mankind. She’s also became a consort to Helios, because let’s admit it, gods are fuckboys.

Your other sister Metis had a little more horrible fate. Zeus turned her into a fly and ate her, which is a little kinky if you ask me, except he literally ate her and her unborn child.

And Eurynome became Zeus’s third wife. Because Zeus is the most fuckboy of them all.

All of them are just waiting for Y/N to get married.

So your father, Oceanus, was the one who decided for you. One day when you return from walking on the beach, waiting for Hephaestus to come back, you came home to see a man waiting on your father’s court.

“Y/N,” the man greeted, bringing your hand to your lips.

You ignored him. “Father, who is this?”

“This is Glaucus. He came for your hand in marriage,” Oceanus announced.

You stepped back from the sea god, shaking your head. “No. I insist.”

Your father stepped out of his throne. “Y/N,” he warned.

“I refuse to marry a man I do not know!”

Glaucus attempted to calm you. “Lady—”

“SILENT! I DID NOT YET ASK YOU TO SPEAK!” you bellowed.

“Y/N!” your father yelled. “Glaucus and I have spoken, and I agree. You will marry him. It is final.”

“So you already agreed? Then what did you came here for?” you demanded at the man.

“I wanted to claim my bride,” he answered.

“You have no bride for I am not marrying you,” you said, glaring at him.

“Y/N, I told you you are marrying him no matter what. He had already given the brideprice.”

“THEN RETURN IT!”

Glaucus stepped closer to you. “My lady, atleast let me prove myself.”

“You need not to prove yourself I am not marrying you no matter what,” you hissed.

“I am the god of fishermen and sailors. Anyone who uses the sea send offerings to me before they go. Thus I am very wealthy indeed. I am an oracle also, and I have forseen myself asking for your hand,” he explained.

“Did you also forsee that you will earn nothing from this visit?” you scoffed.

“No, but—”

“I TOLD YOU Y/N IT IS FINAL. YOU CANNOT DECLINE!” Oceanus roared.