1

4 years ago

August 13, 12:37 am

"It's a small world" her shoulders nudged upwards as the words left her mouth "yeah but don't you think it's weird?" I asked her as I stacked cups on top of one another.

"Not really I've met tons of Ellies, " she remarked and grabbed a cup from my stack, filling it with water, then grabbing a doughnut "beside it's just a name"

I rolled my eyes and looked at the door to the café "I don't understand why we're 24 hours, no one ever comes in here" I lied my head in my hands leaning against the glass counter filled with a very large and diverse selection of treats "I don't know and don't care, long as I get paid" she slid half of the chocolate pastry to me "I guess" I muttered becoming more and more bored as the seconds ticked by.

I grabbed the treat and took a small bite "you see that last episode of The Walking Dead?" Ellie asked, when I had met her a month ago on my first day working here I found that she shared the same love of the gruesome show that aired on AMC and it was a topic we often lingered on "no so don't spoil anything" I quipped, she held her hands up defensively.

"Jared made me work Sunday" I took another bite of the doughnut this one bigger than the last, a tense pause fell over us and I knew she was dying to tell me something about this recent episode "fine" I caved and turned to her "but only one thing" I warned pointing my finger at her.

She pushed it away " ok ok so Negan and Rick get into a fight and Negan almost kills Carl but Shiva jumps onto one of Negans men-" I put a hand up signaling for her to stop both for the risk of having the whole episode becoming ruined and the new customer that walked into the store "no more" I teased and turned back to the customer putting my regular fake smile on,

"Hello sir how can I be of service?" An annoying and polite voice found its way out of my tired complexion "uh yeah can I get" he paused looking down and at his phone as if to check something "3 large black coffees and 2 medium vanilla frap-frap" he struggled with the word "fappé?" "Yeah that" he chuckled, I nodded and attempted to make eye contact but the cap on his head held his identity away from me.

"Of course sir" something in his voice sounded familiar but not? I couldn't really explain it but after a second of trying to see his face, I gave up and began to type his order into the machine "long night ain't it" I smiled a little this time genuinely it had been a while since anyone had been interested in how I was doing besides Ellie even if it was just out of politeness "it is indeed" I say "$26.37 is your total" he swiped his card then pressed in his pin.

"can I have a name for this order?" I heard Ellie from behind me "uh, Greg" the uncertainty in his voice drew me to the conclusion that that was in fact not his name "we'll have it right out to you" he put a hand up "take as long as you need I might as well make those idiots wait" he laughed a little at his own words and I again just stayed silent and put a polite smile on my face.

"Is it cool if I sit there and wait for my drinks" he pointed to a booth by a window "sure it'll be like 3 minutes though" he nodded and walked to the booth taking a seat.

I turned to Ellie who had already gotten done with two black coffees and was currently pouring the third and final beverage "does he sound familiar to you?" I exclaimed walking past her and began to make the 2 frappés "no, should he?" I shrugged "no I guess not but just I can't seem to put it past me" I rationalized.

She popped the lid on the cups then wrote 'black' onto all of them, I did the same only replacing the words with 'frappuccino' we placed them into two carriers "you take it" Ellie said to me handing me the drinks with the receipt "why me?" I half scoffed "cause I did the last one" she stated matter of factly, I raised an eyebrow "please" she begged.

I again caved "fine" I exaggerated the 'i' in the word " but you owe me" she nodded her head and smiled sweetly I shook my head and grabbed the two carriers, seeing out the corner of my eye Ellie going into the break room probably to use the private restroom. I walked to the booth where the man sat and announced myself "here are your drinks sir" I said in a sickly sweet voice he looked up at me with a kind and toothy smile.

My eyes grew wide and I nearly dropped the drinks "thanks" his deep voice rumbled, thats why he sounded so damn familiar. I cleared my throat and attempted to compose myself "sorry" his face twisted into a confused expression "for what" he asked as he stood up. Now I could really tell the height difference "um" I attempted but found nothing.

He chuckled "your cute" he softly grabbed one of the carriers out of my hands "mind helping me carry them?" I nodded my head and kept my gaze to the floor my face red for sure.

I followed him as he led me outside the building and to an old black mustang with a collapsible roof "would've taken my Harley but Lauren insisted I take her car" I looked up at him as he opened the car door and set the drinks in his arm on the passenger seat then did the same with the drinks I held.

During this time I was finally able to compose myself a small bit but the butterflies in my stomach refused to go away "Mr. Morgan, its huge pleasure to meet you" he laughed and shook his head "please Jeffreys fine" he assured me I nodded my head embarrassment made my blood run cold "and the pleasures all mine" he smiled down at me.

"Anyways I owe you a thanks," I looked up at him our eyes meeting "for?" My words were breathless as I felt myself go into a daze staring into his light brown eyes only illuminated by neon lights that read 'Dunkin Doughnuts' "not freaking out I guess being polite, but the look on your face was adorable" I tore my eyes from him and rubbed my arm.

He stood straight up and reached behind him rubbing his neck "I've never done this for anyone but I've had a very long night and I don't ever turn fans down but, is it cool if we don't do photos or anything and I promise I'll come to see you again tomorrow this time then we can take as many pics as you want and I'll sign whatever. I promise" Past his cocky and charming tone I could hear the exhaustion in his words "of course I understand it's late and you're a busy guy" I smiled sweetly.

When he heard what I said he visibly relaxed he grabbed my hand I flinched away and he let go "sorry" he apologized "no no it's not you" I say shyly "what time is it?" he questioned. I grabbed my phone out of my apron and checked the time "12:52" I say in disbelief of how the time passed by us "shit I gotta go" he grabbed the door and climbed in turning the car on then rolling his window down "hey, im serious about tomorrow. I never break a promise, so 12:30?" He called out his loud voice causing me to flinch but I pushed passed it and smiled "12:30" I repeated he smiled "see you then" he waved and then ducked back into the car and pulled out driving off.

I stood there for a second in awe of what just transpired, sluggishly I pulled myself into the shop seeing Ellie wiping down the front counter "oh I thought you had left" she said nonchalantly, I smiled wide and looked at her "Jeffrey mother fucking Dean Morgan"