Chapter 33

Happy New Year my amazing readers! I know it's only the new year on the east coast but I wanted to update now after ayoo_jray requested it. This is another chapter in this story. I looked at the total reads and votes and I couldn't be happier. I'm so grateful for all of my beautiful readers. This is not the last chapter but it's close to it. I hope you guys really like this chapter. Thank you for going on this journey with me so far! Enjoy the chapter!

 I stopped in my tracks, looking down the hall. It was strangely quiet and my brain was running a mile a minute. Who got shot? Was Chres okay? Is Sam still alive? I slowly started making my way back down the hall, keeping as quiet as possible. I made it to the door and I felt this cold feeling run up my body. I knew that if Chres wasn’t hurt he would have came looking for me already. I pushed down the bile in my throat and put my hand on the door, pushing it open. I peaked around the corner and saw a window sitting wide open and Chres laying on the floor. I forgot everything and ran to him, squatting next to him.

“Chres? Chres? Please wake up.” I searched his body for the bullet hole and found it in his left shoulder. I put pressure on it and continued to try waking him up.

“Chres! Chres please! Come on, you’re okay. Please don’t leave me here.” My vision blurred as tears started streaming down my face. I looked around the room and saw a phone in the corner and I tore to it. I grabbed it and dialed 9-1-1, my hands shaking uncontrollably, blood covering every inch.

“9-1-1 What’s your emergency?”

“Hello? Yes my fiance’s been shot. He isn’t responding at all. He got shot in the shoulder. He...He won’t answer me.” I said running back over to Chres

“Okay ma’am an ambulance is on the way. Is he still breathing?” I leaned down and heard a faint heartbeat.

“Yes but there is blood everywhere. I can’t stop it.” I put pressure on the spot and more blood flowed out between my hands, onto the floor.

“Okay ma’am. Just keep applying pressure. The ambulance is almost there.” I put more pressure on the spot and heard a slight groan from Chres. He scrunched up his face and, slightly opened his eyes.

“Hey baby. Are you okay?” I cried and gave him a small smile.

“I’m fine baby but don’t worry about me okay? The ambulance is on the way. You’re gonna be just fine.” He let out a yell as I put more pressure on his wound and I cringed.

“I’m sorry baby but I have to do it.” He shook his head and put his hand on mine.

“No it’s okay. Just hurts like a bitch. I’m just happy I finally found you. I’m so sorry for what I said-”

“No it’s okay Chres. I’ve completely forgotten about it. Just worry about you right now.” He nodded and closed his eyes again. I heard the sirens outside and I let out a sigh of relief. I minute later men came running into the room, both carrying bags and a gurney.

“It’s okay ma’am we’ve got him.” I nodded and slowly removed my hands from his shoulder. He quickly put an air pump over his nose and tried to cover his shoulder. The whole thing was a huge blur. All I remember is him being put on the gurney, flashing lights, and rushing. Everyone was talking to me all at once but the only person I wanted to talk to was the doctor. I was in the middle of answering questions for the police when Chres’s doctor came in the room. He removed his mask and I pushed past the officer, heading in his direction.

“Is he okay?” The doctor nodded and gave me a smile.

“He’ll be just fine. He removed the bullet from his shoulder. It didn’t hit any major arteries. He will need to go to physical therapy but other than that he will be alright.” I let out a sigh of relief and sat down in a chair.