23. Save My Marriage ♥️

Am so sorry for keeping you guys waiting, I was dealing with serious writer's block these past days so I was unable to update.

But your comments and requests motivated me into writing.

Thank you so very much guys ❤️

I hope you enjoy it 😊

IKHLAS POV.

I thought my ears was starting to fail me, cause I heard her say something similar to my name.

I stared at my best friend like she had suddenly grown two heads. I was waiting for her to burst out laughing and admit that she was joking but she looked so serious.

" Wait a sec, I don't get what you are trying to say. I should be the person or I should get the person for you?" I asked her, hoping with all my heart that it would be the latter.

" Yes Ikhlas. I want you to help me find happiness again, I want you to save my marriage. You are the only person that can do this without an ulterior motive. I don't mind sharing Haneef with you and I don't mind sharing you with haneef.

It's a Win - Win situation for us Ikhee, for our friendship. We'll get to be with each other till death do us apart.

I know am being selfish Ikhee but it's better I share Haneef with you than anyone else. Moreover " the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know" if you are with haneef I have nothing to worry about. Cause I came to trust you more than myself" she said, tears welling at the brim of her eyes.

Tears stung mine too, as they started to simultaneously flow down my eyes. Am so confused right now.

What should I do?

Do I still have feelings for him?

Should I marry him because I want to make my best friend happy?

Is this the best for me?

What would my parents say?

What should I tell khaleel?

Won't people refer to me as a Homewrecker ?

Is this supposed to be my fate?

A tsunami of emotions hit me, There were so many Unanswered questions running around my head. I wanted to be with Haneefah but am not sure I wanted to be with haneef.

I was so confused, angry, sad and scared all at the same time.

"I can't do this" I blurted out. I scurried out of the room, ignoring her calls and pleas. I got to the guest room and locked the door. I sink to the ground as I sat down with my back against the door, my knees to my chest and my hands wrapped around my head.

I really needed some Alone-time to sort out my feelings and provide answers to my questions.

Thankfully she understood and didn't make any attempt of following me to talk me into doing it.

My head was seriously aching, my heart was beating fast and my chest was starting to ache too.

My brain was deprived of even a minute sleep throughout the night as I kept on thinking, deciding, sighing, crying, soliloquizing and so many words that could describe someone about to go insane. By dawn I was looking like someone who spent 10years alone in a haunted house.

My hair was disheveled due to constant tugging, my eyes were red and swollen, not to talk of the horrible bags hanging beneath my eyes.

I heard a knock on the door which startled me. FYI I was still sitting with my back against the door.

"Ikhee I know you are awake, open this door its me." Haneefah said softly. Her voice was hoarse, indicating that she also cried all night long.

I quietly stood up as all my sore bones cried in pain. I unlocked the door and it opened with a creek. Haneefah gasped as she set her eyes on my horrible figure.

She wasn't scared, she was terrified.

" I am so sorry Ikhee, I never knew it would cause you so much pain" she said, taking me into her arms.

I had a hot bath which suprisingly felt good, performed ablution and prayed Subh. All with Haneefah sitting at the edge of the bed patiently waiting for me.

After my morning Azkar, I had hot tea plus some paracetamol to soothe my splitting headache.

I lay down on the bed with Haneefah gently stroking my hair before sleep finally sweeped me off to Dreamland.

...
...

I was woken up by movements close to me, I gently tore my eyes open to see Haneefah trying to get her dress off me. I kept looking at her as she sneaked out of the bed and tiptoed to the bathroom.

She came out to meet me wide awake and I have her a faint smile. " It's 1:45pm Ikhee get out of bed and pray" she said before putting in her hijab.

I bathed and also performed ablution. By the time I came out of the bathroom she wasn't in the room so I just grabbed a long flowing hijab and prayed.

She entered with a Salam, carrying a tray of food. Just like she knew I needed it. We ate in silence and she cleared the plate after that.

" Ikhee am sorry" she muttered in a low tune.

" Am sorry too" I replied back.

" I withdraw what I said about you becoming my co-wife. I just thought you would also like the idea that was why I said it. And I am so sorry it inflicted so much on you" she said with her voice cracking up.

" Don't worry peaches you don't have to apologise. You did what you thought was right, I also want to be with you but everything was too much to take in at the same time that was why I acted the Way I did." I replied scooting closer to her.

" It's no problem, I'll look for another person to do it. After all we don't have to be Co-wives to keep being friends" she said with sadness evident in her voice.

" Don't worry okay, I'll fill in that spot" i replied with a smile.

She suprisingly looked up at me and our eyes met for the first time today.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

" I am ready to marry haneef " I replied her with an assuring nod.

...............................................................

Woohoo 💃💃💃 chapter 24 ........

I hope you guys liked it.

Flood me with your comments let's see how you guys liked the chapter.

Stay tuned for more Haneefah, Ikhlas and haneef moments.

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖