Still Holding On

A/N

 Remember if you kill me there will be no more chapters and no chance at a happy ending. Just something to think about while reading this.

---------------------------------------------------

The argument was getting out of hand. The people were about to smack each other with chairs. She could tell.

"Alright! That's enough!" she yelled. They didn't listen.

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!" she yelled even louder. There were a few who resumed arguing. Most had stopped though. Those who didn't listen she slapped in the face. That shut them up. She then told everyone to get out. The people in the room didn't hesitate. They didn't want to find out what else she could do.

"Not you," she grabbed the arm of a young man who appeared to be in his early 20's. He was surprised at first, but quickly masked it with a blank expression. She had him sit in the chair. She sat in the chair on the other side of the table.

"What do you want from me and where are we? Who are you and why did you bring me here?" the man asked.

"Eager to begin are we?" the mysterious woman asked with a twinkle in her eye. She was excited to see his reaction. She too was in her early twenties.

"Don't you remember me?" she asked him. She had stayed exactly the same. All these years just for him. All these, he couldn't have forgotten her that easily. Could he? It's only been, like, 5 years.

"No. I have no clue who you are miss.....," the man trailed off realizing he didn't even know her name.

"Um, well I suggest we begin," she said, "We are somewhere we like to call the interrogation room." She watched him closely to see a hint of his old self, to see how much he changed.

"Who's 'we'?" he asked.

"Me and the other detectives, cops, and private investigators,' she replied. The man raised one of his eyebrows. She already knew why.

"I know I don't look like it, but yes, I am a private investigator. I've stayed the same as I was in my middle school days hoping someone would recognize me," she explained to him. She hoped he got the hint. Although of course he didn't. If it was who she thought it was, there was no way this dense dude could get it. Unless he really had changed.

"Who?" he asked.

"I see you didn't change a bit," she mumbled under her breath.

"Huh?" he questioned.

"Nevermind. It doesn't matter," she said, "Let's see if you can figure out who I am, yeah?"

"Sure. Whatever, as long as I can get out of here. I have bad experiences being held captive," he said then his eyes widened as he realized what he had just told her. He didn't know why, but he felt an instant connection to her. Like he could tell her everything and she'd understand.

"Are you sure someone could have good experiences?" she asked, "I mean I've been held captive before too and I don't see a chance of a good time. At least in my situation. I was held at gunpoint."

"Wow. Were you alone?" he asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

"Don't worry, we'll talk about your kidnapping later," she muffled a giggle when he widened his eyes, "And to answer your question, no I wasn't alone. I had my grandma's friend with me and a....... A- another friend," she said not knowing what to call Emmirech. She couldn't just say 'and one of my best pals who comes from another dimension called The Land of Stories where fairy tale characters are real.'. No way! She wasn't even sure if she had him. Sure he looked just like him, but he could have an unknown twin. Who knows? Sure it looked like him, that silky strawberry blonde hair she just wanted to run her fingers through. Those sky blue eyes. They're hypnotizing. Like a piece of the sky was trapped inside of them. Like if you stare at them for too long you'll get lost and lose yourself in them never to be found again. She remembered how when she was younger, she would always wonder what it'd be like to get lost in those eyes. How she wondered how lovely it would be. Then she learned how much pain and suffering those eyes were hiding. He turned to humor for comfort. He also turned to her. She missed that.

"What did you and him used to date or something?" the guy asked.

"What? No! He was ,like, 6 years younger then me dude," she replied, "Anyways..... So more about your kidnapping." she could see the hesitance in his eyes, "You have to, I'm part of law enforcement." Then they talked about how he was kidnapped (A/N I'm not going to go through the details you'll understand why at the end, unless you've already figured it out.)

"So..... Do you have any clue who I am yet?" she asked.

"No, I don't see a name tag anywhere," he said.

"I'll give you one more hint," she took off the only part of the uniform she had on ,the hat, and replaced it with an old worn out purple beanie.

"How about now?" she asked.

"Nope, no clue," he said.

"Really? It's me silly! Remember?" she asked a trace of sadness in her voice. She knew he suffered from some memory loss, but she didn't know it was this bad.

"Remember? Ummm, The Food! Remember them? When we went to Germany?" she asked him. (A/N I don't remember exactly what country they were in. I remember it was either England or Germany I think so I went with Germany. I think I'm right.) Tears were already pricking the back of her eyes.

Suddenly something clicked in his head.

"Bree?" he asked.

"YES! YES! It's me! It's Bree!" she yelled, letting the tears run down her face, "You- You remember me" she practically whispered. She hugged him so tight, tighter than she ever had before.

"Woah!" he said, taken back by the tight hug.

"C- Conner, you remember me," she said, "Do you remember all our adventures?"

"Of course I do. To be honest I don't know how I could forget someone this beautiful." he replied.

"Awwww, thanks. And more confident, I like it." she told him.

"Sorry, I was talking about me," he said with a taint pink on his cheeks. They both started cracking up. Bree shushed Conner with a kiss. He now had a noticeable rosy pink on his cheeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was how it was supposed to go Conner. I guess life really isn't fair, huh?" she chuckled, "I thought I had it all planned out. Then life called Bill Cipher to the table. Remember that show we used to watch? It was called......

Gravity Falls! Yeah that was it!" she rambled. She was met by silence.

"How could you do this to me Conner? We were supposed to go to college together and go as a couple to Alex's wedding? Remember? We were supposed to get married. And have children remember? We were going to make one of them name one of their children Charlie? How could you do this to us? T- to- to me?" Again, silence met her once happy house.

"Why? Just, why? Why me? Why did you have to fall in love with me? Why'd you have to make me fall in love with you? I admit it! I'm in love with Conner Bailey," she yelled for the world to hear, ",but I won't accept it, I can't. I refuse to accept it. I refuse, I want to live in the fantasy of my dreams forever. I refuse to accept that you're dead."

A/N

WAIT! WAIT! DON'T ATTACK YET. I promise that there's a happy ending. I hope you resume reading the rest.