Temptations - Ziall

Aka that one Angel!Niall fic I left to die back in 2013?2014? but I'm sharing it again bc yes, and also to have it out of the dark. It's only 2 chapters + Prologue.

__________________________________________

Temptations: Prologue

Everyone has heard of Guardian Angels. Celestial beings sent from Heaven to look after the mortals, steering them down the right road. By their sides at all times, invisible to the naked eye. They help humans understand right from wrong. Wanting them to have a happy future with one another. Then there's the visible kind of guardians. In the form of an average human, these angels interact with their humans acting as friends. They work just like humans; they laugh, cry, get angry, and they can love.

Physically as humans, it is possible for angels to be able to love someone. However, it's dangerous. They can have their wings and immortality stripped from them. The biggest shame there is for angels. They are cast down from Heaven to become fallen angels or Dark Angels.

Niall, an Angel of Light, is Heaven's favored angel. The only angel to be born in nineteen years, a year after The Disgrace. So naturally, the other angels have taken upon themselves to guard him against all harm. However, they can't keep him from becoming a Guardian Angel and finally getting a human to look after. He knows the dangers and shame of falling for a mortal. There are always second chances. Right?

Is love worth giving up his wings and immortality? Alternatively, can he resist the temptations that a single mortal, who has secrets of his own, throws at him?

Chapter One: Rules?

I would like to say that I gracefully flew down to Earth, the sunlight catching on my snow, white wings causing them to light up brightly, my hair shining gold in the sun, all in all; an angelic sight.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way. As I was about to step off the ground in Heaven, I tripped and fell down to Earth. I'm sure I looked more like a spazzing seal than an angel. I just hope that no one saw that or I'll never live it down. I'll be forever known as the only angel who tripped while making his way to Earth. The perfect way to impress my elders. The good thing is that I landed at my assigned house. After getting up and making sure I didn't break my wings, I went and explored the place.

It's all white, with a few splashes of color here and there. A wide living room complete with three couches, 60" flat-screen TV, space underneath stocked full of movies and video games for all types of consoles; including the systems themselves. A kitchen full of my favorite foods, and lots of juice boxes. Don't judge. A standard bathroom and stairs leading upstairs. In the second floor, there are two bathrooms, the same as the one downstairs. And four bedrooms. One of them, the largest, is decorated in white and blue colors. A king size bed near the balcony doors. A dresser and wardrobe. Walk-in closet with clothes placed neatly in there. A bathroom and small living room area. Sweet. Checking out the other three rooms, I notice they're smaller versions of mine without the bathroom and living room.

I could get used to this. If I only knew what to do. Walking back to my room, I plop down on the bed and groan. This is harder than I thought it would be. What am I supposed to do now?

"You know, it would be a good idea to in town to learn the human ways of living."

Not at all fazed by the fact that one of my elders just appeared in my room in a flash of light, I reply "I know the human ways of living Liam."

I can feel him sitting next to me and rolling his eyes "Niall, eating and sleeping isn't the only thing humans do."

"Really?" I prop myself up on my elbows, wincing when my wings get cramped.