People Say that there are Always Two Sides to a Person

Another scribble that was found...

Copyright © Caasie Cabral-Pereira

People say that there are always two sides to a person

            People say that there are always two sides to a person; that we never truly and completely know someone…

            That’s not entirely true.

            In my case, I am torn into several entities. My person acts of its own will, whereas I am lost somewhere far out of reach, watching everything unfold. My mind is no safe haven, not with the bickering sisters in constant turmoil. One bangs widely against her restraints, caged because she’s a deranged animal, a lit stream of gasoline.  The other, a miserable piece of work, so frail and broken, has crawled into a dark corner to weep an ocean of tears, and has never budged from her spot. Another, far too mature and intelligent, sits on her high horse, a book in hand and glasses perched on the tip of her nose, looking down upon her sisters and anyone else who walks by, in a condescending manner. Then, there is the soft-spoken one, sitting submerged in a field of long grass and dainty flowers, a gentle being not concerned with the others. And then, there is the stern sister, who is capable of taking stage and placing everyone in his or her place.

            But I am nowhere to be found. I can only sit by and watch the wars take place as each sister fights for control…

Copyright © Caasie Cabral-Pereira