The Others

I woke to a shout, "Get up girl!" I stood ready to move. "We've gotta move." He said opening the door and moving quickly. He had the crossbow at ready. I followed behind him, the rain had stopped in only a matter of a few hours. I realized that something was wrong, it didn't feel safe suddenly.

That's when I noticed we weren't the only ones up here on the roof.

There were flesh eaters stumbling out of a stair way that lead to the floors below us.

I took a quick look around for some kind of weapon that could come into use. All I saw was the brick I had used to open the closet door a few hours ago. I picked it up just before a flesh eater stumbled over it. It tried to grab at me but I was faster, this flesh eater was on his last legs, like he hadn't gotten any food in awhile and he was probably one of the ones who were first turned.

I ran to the door that was open with Daryl standing there glaring. "Good going girl, now you've lead them right to us." He said roughly looking over my shoulder, making me do the same and he was right they were following me. "You just gonna stand there and lolly gag around some more?" Daryl yelled to me, while I was looking over my shoulder he'd moved on.

I pulled the open door shut to delay the flesh eaters for a little bit, but the door wouldn't latch so it wasn't much help. I ran and caught up to Daryl who just gave me the nastiest look and shook his head at me as he turned left in the hallway.

We were coming to another turn when something suddenly jumped out at me and slammed me against the wall, I had my hands on its nasty rotting neck holding its chopping teeth away from my flesh. It was swinging its arms around like a little kid when they didn't get what they wanted in a toy store. I'd dropped my brick when I was surprised and I was a few feet behind Daryl when he turned the corner, so I was on my own.

The flesh eater started to get smart and grabbed my arms instead of swinging them around. I pushed my back hard against the wall and lifted both of my legs from underneath me and landed them right in the flesh eaters stomach, causing him to go falling back into the opposite wall and me falling to the floor with a hard bash on the back of my head. I didn't let that slow me down, so I got to my knees and looked for the brick. As soon as my hand came around it, I stood up and met the flesh eater half way, but this time it was me pushing it against the wall, I bashed his head with the brick until he stopped moving. I let both him and the brick fall to the ground.

I went to turn the next corner, the way I'd seen Daryl go. Hearing the death groans from the flesh eaters behind me, I went to call out for him. Dar.." I went to speak but hands wrapped around my mouth stopping me. The hands drug me back into a room, "shhh, or your gonna get us killed." Daryl whispered in an annoyed tone.

He went to another door on the opposite wall that we'd came in and started to take multiple flights of stairs down to the very last floor. He opened the door that had an exit sign above it that was shattered, peeking out he said, "C'mon there's just a few walkers, stay close I ain't coming back for you." Stepping out, I did as he said feeling like he was my only hope to see another day.

---------------------------------

We'd been walking for like 30 minutes with little talk, what had been said was from me.

I'd gathered that Daryl was a redneck and really didn't like communicating much, and when words did come out they were either an order or some snide comment that dug under your skin.

We were walking through the allies of the city that I have no name for because when I came here I wasn't really paying attention. The sun was starting to rise, letting Daryl put up his flash light that he'd been using for the past few hours for light.

We were staying off the main roads because there were less walkers as Daryl had called them. I guess who ever was leading the group that Daryl split up from to come save me knew him pretty well, or he knew them pretty well. Because they had left sprayed painted arrows on the walls, grounds, anything that could lead us to them I guess. At first I didn't pay any attention to them until I realized that we'd been following them.

I felt less dependent on Daryl now that I wasn't weapon less. When we came out to a main road near the apartment building, there was a car that looked like someone was trying to fix it probably at the beginning of all this hell, I'd found a crow bar and picked it up for protection.

"Where were you guys heading?" I asked trying to get a clue on where this random guy was taking me. But of course no answer, why'd I even bother. We were coming to an intersection of a main road.

Daryl inched forward to make sure there were no walkers, sure enough there was. "We're going to have to get over to that ally way without being seen, can you do the girl?" He said turning to me. "Yes I can." I answered annoyed

I moved before he could and I knew it pissed him off by the grunt he let out when I went sneaking across, but I had to do that to prove him that I can do what ever he can even though I'm a girl.

I got to the other side and kept moving following the arrows. I took a turn to fast, a few yards ahead of Daryl so he had no clue what I'd just ran into. I drove the end of the crow bar into a walkers head pulling it out quickly, turning back the way I'd come, Daryl caught up and I started to climb a ladder that led to a roof top he followed me up. When we got to the top I ran to the side of the roof to see the allie way that id just ran into all the walkers.

"Shit." Daryl said beside me shaking his head in disbelieve. I realize what the walkers were doing and that was eating body. By Daryl's reaction I figured it was someone from his group.

I looked to him with sympathy, "I'm sorry, were they close to you?" I asked reaching out to touch his shoulder. But he yanked it away, saying roughly "I don't need your sympathy girl!" He walked away to the ladder that was on the other side of the building and started climbing down it. Before he'd turned away I could've sworn I'd seen a tear. I hurried to the ladder he'd taken, starting to climb down.

I got down, to find Daryl shooting his crossbow at the ten walkers that were eating the body. When he ran out of arrows he swung his crossbow to his back, taking out his knife to take down the last five. One came from the back of him but didn't get close enough to bite him, I tackled it to the ground, straddling it I rammed its head five times on the ground, then took the crow bar to its head.

Getting up to see the gruesome body that was mangled from the tearing and biting of the walkers. I could still see the features of the face. Daryl fell to his knees next to the middle aged women. Dropping his crossbow to the ground off his shoulder. She had short gray hair, but a very sweet caring look to her.

Half an hour later he got up from his silent prays, grabbing his arrows that he'd shot earlier and started to walk off. I kept a few feet behind him, giving his space, that women obviously meant something to him.

The arrows stopped when we came to an old history museum. "Are they in there?" I asked being the first thing I've said to him in awhile. "I don't know we'll have to check it out." He replied angrily.

"You open the doors, then I'll go in to check it out. You cover me." I did as he said and opened the doors, he stepped in "Rick! You in here?" he said loudly raising his crossbow for protection.

People stepped out of the darkness with weapons raised, "That you Daryl." A man said seeming to be the Rick guy Daryl called out. "Sure as hell is me. Who else would it be." Daryl replied making them put their weapons down.

They welcomed us in, shutting the doors and securing it so nothing could get in. They gave me some blankets and food, told me to get some rest.

---------------------------------

Well what you think about the second chapter!?! Feed backk pleasee!(: haven't really edited this soo ill do that later!