6 - Glimpse

The blue outlined Space Stone portal deposited Kylo Ren in the deepest vault of the capital city of the planet of the Time Lords, Gallifrey

The blue outlined Space Stone portal deposited Kylo Ren in the deepest vault of the capital city of the planet of the Time Lords, Gallifrey. Despite having a seat in both Old Republic and Imperial galactic senate committees, a regular congress of representatives from all if not most planets and sectors facilitating sentient life, the Time Lords have never taken any role on either side of any of the galactic wars – apart from defending themselves. This is because of their seemingly endless war on the cyborg race of the Daleks, who are also exempt from the affairs of the rest of the galaxy. Other species and planets have played roles in the 'Time War' but the battles were predominantly between the Time Lords and the Daleks.

After studying the holographic form of the vault in his star destroyer, Kylo found himself in a circular room, its curved walls surrounding a metallic grey pillar, dressed with all kinds of mechanical locks and defence mechanisms. Combining the strength of both the Force and the Space Stone, He tore open the pillar, ripping solid metal doors like paper – without even a physical touch.

Finally, after about a minute of tearing through some Gallifreyan steel, He found it. The green glowing Time Stone shimmered in its stand. His free gloved hand gently took the stone out of its holder and placed it in the second slot in the gauntlet beside the Space Stone, on the knuckle of his middle finger. He felt a similar rush of raw energy burst through him, much like the one he had felt when he had equipped the other Infinity Stone.

Just as he was about to leave for his star destroyer, he heard an odd, repetitive, high-pitched, whooshing noise behind him. He turned around to see a tall, blue, strangely decorated, square-based box fading in and out of reality. It stopped blinking in and out of sight, still making futuristic, alien noises – until that ceased as well.

After a few moments, the narrow door of the box opened. Kylo grabbed his lightsaber, ignited it, held it in his left hand, whilst clenching his fist with his right hand, readying the two Infinity Stones now perched on top of it. A woman with relatively short blonde hair stepped out of the box.

"Who are you?" Kylo demanded.

"My name is the Doctor, and that doesn't belong to you," the woman replied and out of her coat pocket, she pulled out a lightsaber hilt.

"You're a Jedi?" Kylo asked, astonished.

"No," the Doctor chuckled. "But I did steal this from a Jedi. She pressed the button on the hilt, igniting the weapon and a beam of purple light erupted from the end of the device.

"That lightsaber belonged to Jedi Master Mace Windu. You had no right to take it!"

"And you had no right to take either of those Infinity Stones, but here we are."

"What makes you believe you can use that weapon effectively anyway? It takes years of training to master a lightsaber."

"Please," the Doctor mocked. "I once beat Robin Hood in a duel with a spoon, let alone the fact that I'm over a thousand years old – I've had plenty of time to learn how to use all kinds of swords."