Chapter 26 - Where the hell is she?

Justin's POV

I sit in my room, staring at my wall blankly as my mind runs on overdrive. It's just closing in on Sunday night, meaning it's been roughly about a day and a half since I kissed Lucy, which also means it's been roughly about a day and a half since I saw her last.

She went to Beck's, I'm certain of it, but the question is... how long is she going to stay there for?

When I got back from the lake cabin yesterday I went straight to her house, but Jess and Amy were the only ones there. I didn't tell them what had happened at the lake cabin, I didn't really think that Lucy would appreciate that much, so I just asked them where she was and they both told me that she was probably at his.

Ugh, I really hate that guy.

I want to know what she's thinking. No, I need to know...

From the moment she ran away yesterday right up until this very moment, there's been one thing playing on my mind and one thing only. That kiss.

Sighing, I lean my head back against the headboard of my bed as the scene replays in my mind for what feels like the thousandth time.

The feel of her lips against mine, the way her scent seemed to only intensify with each passing second, it was just so... right.

Only, there's one small problem, the fact that she ran away.

Although, she also kissed me back. She kissed me back and then ran away so... what does that mean exactly?

She said that she couldn't, not that she didn't want to, so does that mean that she secretly did want to...?

I frown slightly, trying to figure her out. Normally I'm really good at reading the signals that girls give me but... Lucy is just so hard to decipher. But she did kiss me back, so I'm thinking that counts for something.

But she also ran away.

I sigh again. I really need to talk to her.

Just then, my phone beeps next to me, and I quickly reach over to see who the text is from.

What if it's her?

It's not, and I immediately feel the disappointment sink in my stomach when I realise that it's only Dean.

'Hey, man, you feel like hanging tonight? A few of the lads are thinking about heading to town.'

I contemplate it for a while before replying.

'Nah, I'm good. Maybe another night.'

Another text comes through a few minutes later.

'Your dad got you on lockdown or something?'

'Or something. Sorry, man.' I reply.

Once I send the text, I quickly flick to my contacts list and scroll down until I find the name I'm looking for. When I get to it, I let my thumb hover over the call button for a few seconds before telling myself to man the hell up and press it, placing my phone to my ear and listening as it begins to ring.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. "I'm sorry, the person you are calling is unable to get to the phone right now, please try again later or leave a message after the beep." Beep.

I hang up with a sigh. Great, she's ignoring me.

Or... maybe she doesn't have her phone on her?

Not that it makes the situation much better; it still leaves me unable to get through to her. Unless...