I hate Math

"I'm sorry Chloe, you have leukemia."  The words I never wanted to hear. Never in my life did I expect to get cancer. But now its just something I have to get used to. I had to give up my long, dark, brown, hair.  Chemotherapy is pretty close to feeling like you're going to die. There is nothing worse than what me, and millions of kids have to go through.

The only somewhat good thing about this is I get a wish. My biggest wish is going to come true and I couldn't be more excited. It's one of the only things I get to look forward to now. My mom had my signed up for the Make a Wish Foundation. We have one in California, I am in the age limit which is 4-17 me being 17 I just made it.  The other day a lady came into to talk to me before my chemotherapy, she asked me if I could wish for one thing what would it be?

So I answered, "I think it would be amazing to meet One Direction." She says that a lot of girls my age ask for that and that. She nodded and then wrote down my wish and told me to stay strong. Its pretty hard to do, staying strong. But I've been feeling better after Chemo. They don't know if it's cured it yet or not but I'm still hoping. 

Now I'm sitting at my kitchen table trying to work on some algebra. I don't go to school but I have a tutor named Sandra. I call her Sandy. 

"Okay so if I have to find the value of x and the perimiter fo both polygons are the same...do I add up all the x's and constants?" I asked my elbow on the table and my head reasting on my hand. 

"Yeah you got it!" Sandy smiled. I nodded and picked up my pencil doing the work out. I came up with some decimal. I don't think it was right so I checed the problem and it didn't add up. I re did it and got the same answer. Frustrated I scribbled it out. 

"I'll be right back Chloe just keep working on that and if you finish it go on and do the rest of the page." Sandy said getting up and heading out the door. I kept re doing the problem and getting different answers but none of them were right. Frustrated I put the paper aside and folded my arms and put my head down. I hate math, I hate math, I hate math. I don't understand any of it! When am I ever going to even need this is life!? 

I heard Sandy come back in and took the opportunity to get some help. 

"Sandy, none of this makes sense!" I moaned not bothering to turn around. She sat down across from me and looked at my sheet. 

"Alright well skip that one and go on to 12. I think you'll understand that one. I nodded and did that one. This one was easy, I just have to subtract 14 from both sides and then divide by 6. As I was doing the math out on my scrap peice of paper it didn't add up. So I earased it and tried again. As I was mulitplying something I heard shuffle behind me. 

"Don't forget to carry the one," a british voice said. My heart beated so fast as I turned around and saw the five boys who put a smile on my face everyday. I threw my hand over my mouth as I looked at them. They all smiled and yelled, "Surprise!" 

I could feel my eyes getting watery as I stood up and tried to say something but no words came out of my mouth. 

"Your Chloe, right?" Niall asked. I nodded. 

"We're here to grant your wish!" Louis said in an overly dramatic voice. I couldn't help but laugh. This was too good to be true. 

"Well we have a surprise for you!" he grinned at me. Wait there's another suprise?! This was already enough!

"Another one?" I asked my voice cracking a little. They all smirked and nodded. Liam took my hand and led me out the door and into a black SUV. 

"Ladies first!" he said opening the door for me. I smiled and stepped in. All the boys piled in and I sat in the back with Zayn and Liam.