Chapter Twenty-Three

I blinked as my vision was returned, feeling slightly confused.

"Jay, you're awake." Lorenzo commented as he quickly stood up and began to massage my lower back.

I was in a silk night dress, my wrist wrapped tightly with gauze.

My wrist throbbed as my memory began to return.

"I'm going to have to take you to the hospital. I'm worried that your wrist won't heal right." He said with disapproval.

I nodded, remaining silent. He was being really nice and it worried me.

"You will be seeing my dad. You won't even be awake most of the time. I will be injecting you with a serum."

"What serum?" I asked carefully.

He opened the cabinet and showed me a syringe with clear liquid inside.

"The details are unimportant, but this is what I will be injecting you with." He stated.

I nodded, studying the soft small bed I was on in the white room.

Everything was white. The floor, the walls, the cabinets.

"You will have to find me something more appropriate to wear." I stated letting my eyes wander, finding that my right ankle had a chain on it that connected to the bed.

"I'll go get something right now, I'll inject you once we arrive at the hospital so that you will stay asleep longer." He stated, placing the syringe on the counter and leaving the room.

As soon as I could no longer hear his footsteps, I acted quickly as I slid off the bed to the right side and reached over for the syringe, grabbing it.

I gripped the bottom of the syringe with my teeth since my right hand was useless and ripped it off, the substance falling into the sink and going down the drain.

I reached forward, straining to turn the faucet on as the chain trapping my ankle in place prevented me from reaching it.

I stretched forward anyways ignoring the pain and silently rejoiced as I turned the sink on.

I let water run into where the clear substance used to be and turned the faucet off once had enough water in it that I needed. I placed the bottom of the syringe on, using the countertop to push it up to look normal again.

I heard footsteps returning to the room, I quickly placed the syringe back exactly where it was on the counter and laid back on the bed, closing my eyes and laying my right hurt wrist on my stomach to appear as if I had been in that position the whole time.

"I'll help you." He stated.

I flinched at his voice, acting like he surprised me.

"Sorry." He mumbled, unfolding a plain white t-shirt and pair of blue jeans.

He held up a white bra.

"I can do that on my own." I stated, grabbing it with my left hand.

"Turn around." I demanded.

Surprisingly he turned around.

I struggled as I put the bra on. It took me a hot minute to snap the back of the bra but eventually I successfully got it on.

"Okay." I stated.

He turned around and placed the white t-shirt over my head, carefully pulling my hurt wrist through first.

Once the perfectly fitting t-shirt was on, he handed me a pink pair of underwear and unchained my ankle, turning around.

I pulled them on.

He turned around and then helped me get the skinny jeans on, buttoning them for me afterwards.

He left the room and came back with a pair of white shoes and a pair of socks.

He put socks on my feet and then put the shoes on, tying them.

He held up a tube of foundation.

"For your wrist." He stated, placing some on his finger and dabbing it on my left wrist covering the mark from wearing a chain so much.

I'm surprised he even know what foundation is.

He grabbed a comb and began brushing through my knotty hair, then putting my hair into a low pony tail.

He studied me.

He stared at my cheek and sighed.

"I don't think anyone will question your face, with the scrapes, as long as you keep your head down." He ordered.

He helped me up.

"You look good." He commented, grabbing the syringe and guiding me out of the room and towards the door to exit.

Once we got to the door he stopped me.

"I'm going to tie your wrists lightly. Don't struggle and hurt your wrist more." He demanded, as he tied my hands lightly but firmly together.

He then led me outside, the sun shining into my eyes blinding me.

His hand was firmly on my waist, holding me tightly.

He opened the passengers side door of a black Dodge Avenger, guiding me inside to the seat and buckling me in.

He connected my hands to the bottom of the seat belt wrapping my lower waist in so that I couldn't move them and then wrapped a blind cloth around my eyes.

"Just until we get into the town. It will be a while though." He explained.

The door slammed shut then, the drivers side opening seconds later also being slammed shut once he got in.

The car started and started moving backwards to pull out.

I couldn't tell what direction he was going in.

I laid my head on the car window as millions of thoughts crossed my mind.

____________________________________

•Word count: 906