𝙳𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚜

I picked up speed every time my feet hit the hard cobble path. It was hard leaving everything behind. Not that I had anything, but Martina was my everything. She was a mom, and a friend. The best one that I could ask for. I ran all the way down to the docks, on my way there I swiped a blanket and a few apples. When you are mistreated for 12 years you learn how to snag everything that you can that will maybe help you in the slightest. Mr. and Mrs. Esposito would purposefully eat every bite they could just so I didn't get anything. I scanned the docks until my eyes landed on a ship. A very big one, on the back carefully nailed into the dark stained oak wood was the word 'Mary' in big gold letters. I weaved through the crowd of people, some loading crates onto cargo ships, others boarding and some departing from there boats. I noticed a crate labeled 'Mary: export' messily in black paint. I pried open the crate with my dirt caked hands and took in its contents which was just some bags of flour. I made sure no one was watching and climbed in the crate securing the top over my head. It was only a few minutes before I was picked up and moved. Two men, it sounded like, grunted while lifting the crate. I placed my hands on either side of the crate to brace myself from wobbling to much. I was set down and heard the two men walk away. Their heavy boots clunked loudly against the wood of the storage deck. A few more minutes go by but they felt like hours before I heard a door close and the boat jolted forward a bit. I pushed on the top of the crate and it popped open. Moving the lid to the side I climbed out of the crate and took in my surroundings. I was in a big dark room, light wooden crates, much like the one I hid in, lined the walls and were scattered about on the floor. The only light source came from a grate in the ceiling where I could hear faint talking. "I just checked with the captain, the trip will take 4 days." Someone said. "Not as bad as our last one I think we will manage." Another person pointed out. 4 days! I better get comfortable.

A/N ok these are really short but they will be longer in the future I'm just trying to get it going :)