Chapter 5

After exploring at Mt. Moon, Ash, Brock and Misty made to Cerulean City. "This is where I can get gym badge number two" said Ash, getting excited.

"Have you decided what pokemon you are using?" asked Brock. "Well I know that Cerulean Gym uses water pokemon," said Ash "so I'll defiantly use Pikachu, but the others I'm not sure yet".

Misty wasn't saying anything. "Hey Misty, what's wrong?" said Ash "I mean you've been quiet ever since we got here". Misty didn't want to say anything, but she had to tell her friends what her problem was.

"Well the truth is I didn't really want to come back to Cerulean City". "Why? Did something bad happen to you here?" asked Brock. "No, nothing like that," said Misty "the truth is I'm one of the leaders of this gym". "What you're a gym leader of Cerulean Gym?" gasped Ash.

Misty took out a photo from her backpack. It was a photo of her and three beautiful girls behind her. "Those three girls are my elder sisters Daisy, Violet and Lily," explained Misty "since they are so beautiful I'm like a runt to them". "Wait, are you saying that they bully you? asked Ash. "Not exactly bully me," said Misty "but they like to tease me". "So you left them to not catch more water pokemon, but to get away from your sisters as well?" asked Ash. "Yes," said Misty. Ash felt sorry for Misty, being picked on was not nice. "Well if you don't want to come to the gym with us I don't mind" said Ash trying to cheer her up. Misty smiled and accepted the offer. "I'm going to do something if it's all right" she said and walked off.

So Ash and Brock set off for Cerulean Gym by themselves, while Misty did her business. While on the way they noticed some police in front of a machine shop. "What's going on?" asked Ash. He and Brock went to find out; they asked Officer Jenny what happened. Officer Jenny explained that someone stole a lot of machine parts from the shop. "I wonder why the thieves did that" said Ash. "I don't know," said Brock "but when it comes to thieves they steal anything for all sorts of reasons".

Soon they reached Cerulean Gym; the building was a pink and yellow dome shape, with a big picture of a dewgong. Brock then said he had to leave to pick up more supplies for the journey. So Ash was left alone. He and Pikachu entered the building. "Hello anyone here?" he said. The gym lobby was empty. "Hmm where is everyone?" Just then he heard cheering coming from outside the lobby. He went through the doors from the lobby and saw what was happening. Three beautiful girls were performing a water ballet in a giant swimming pool. Ash recognized them from Misty's photo. "Those are Misty's sisters" said Ash. "Pika" agreed Pikachu. Ash wasn't exactly amused by the performance. 'If I was to no better," he thought "I'd think that they prefer doing water ballets than being gym leaders'.

When the water ballet was over, Ash went to talk to the gym leaders. Daisy, Violet and Lily were talking to each other by the pool, about their show. "Daisy you're dive was perfect" said Lily, the pink haired one. "Practice does make perfect" replied Daisy, who was blond haired. "I think that show was our best one yet" said Violet, the blue haired one.

"Uh excuse me" said Ash. "If you're here for autographs, we don't do them" said Daisy. "Oh I'm not here for an autograph," said Ash "I'm here to battle you for a badge". The three sisters looked at each other. "Sorry, but we are not into battles anymore" said Violet. "What?" gasped Ash. "You see we were beaten three times in a row from these kids from Pallet Town" said Daisy. Ash realized that Gary must have been here. "And this is the only pokemon we have left" said Lily, throwing a pokeball. It was a goldeen. "This goldeen is only a baby and is not ready for battling". "So now we pay more attention to our water shows," said Daisy "but don't worry we know what you want. Come out seel". A little white sea lion popped out of the pool. "Seel" said Ash.

He opened his pokedex: Seel, the sea lion pokemon. A Pokémon that lives on icebergs. It swims in the sea using the point on its head to break up ice.