Part One

Biting my lip I pull the keys out the ignition. My nerves where jumping around like frogs that just got a whiff of marijuana smoke. I slide the keys into my purse with ease. Nervously I step out of the drivers side of my car, my leather boots hitting the pavement with a satisfying click of the small heel. The car door slams shut heavily. I take a deep breath and walk the few meters to the front door step. I made sure to park out of the way of my boyfriends brothers truck; he was probably leaving soon for work. I noted his mothers car was gone as well, work. Breathing in one last time I raise my hand to the door to knock.

The door swings open.

"Oh, Hey Brooke," A man says to me, his brother. He was 17, dark brown hair that was gelled, with hazel eyes. Handsome yes, but not my type. He held keys in one of his hands.

Quickly I bring my hand down from its knocking position and clasp them behind my back. "Hi, Bryan," I respond trying to conceal my nerves and worry. It seemed to have worked.

"I was just heading out to work," he pointed at the white Ram 1500 in the driveway, "Jessie should be in his room."

I nod my thanks and step out of his way. He slides past me and I smell the to strong scent of Axe cologne on him. That was the one thing I did not like about his brother - the excessive amount of Axe he wore. I had been to their place enough times for his family to trust me, I was practically one of them. I hear the loud slam of the truck door behind me. Stepping into the doorway I turn and wave farewell to Bryan; he gave a short wave back and backed down the drive. I close the door behind me. Unzipping my boots, my heart and head raced.

I had rushed over as soon as I possibly could. I borrowed my moms car - after ten minuets of begging - and took the 20 minuet drive here to my boyfriend, Jessie's, place. We had just been talking on the phone not a half an hour before now when he started to let his depression show again. I had thought for sure he had gotten over it, but now I fear that he has relapsed. Jess had been through a lot, he didn't share details with me but I knew it was hard on him. We hadn't been dating long but I felt like we have been forever. We're only sixteen and most would just brush it away but everyone who saw us together couldn't agree more. Tugging my boot off, I sprinted up the stairs - not bothering to put my shoes in the closet.

"Jess! It's Brook!"

I could hear the heavy beat of the bass from the speakers in his room. I doubted he could hear me. As i hit the top landing I could tell it was My Chemical Romance. The song Helena to be precise. I came to an abrupt halt in front of his bed room door and knocked once, loudly on the painted wood. I waited a second. Nothing. I closed my eyes briefly. My hand closed over the door knob. Turning it softly, i peaked into the room.

Jess was sitting on his bed, back against the wall, sideview to the doorway. The blinds were drawn making the room fairly dark, his hair almost looked black. His eyes where closed, he looked peaceful almost as if he where sleeping. Jesses phone lay next to him on the bed, undisturbed. He was immersed in the sound emanating from the speakers - I'm sure the neighbors loved that.

It looked normal for him. This is what he usually did after school. Except for one thing.

His arm was propped up on his knee, in his hand he held a razor blade. The edge slightly stained a deep red. His other wrist was just beneath it - about to cut.