S2 • Not Yet

The car ride was long, they left early in the morning and it was noon before she finally saw signs directing to Seoul. She felt so many emotions, and thought so many things.

She hoped that she could see Hobi or her mom before the police will interrogate her.

A fear of hers appeared in her mind, a fear she's never lost.

What if her stepfather isn't in jail, and is waiting for her? Her heart twinges and she grips onto her black shorts tightly.

No, you've fought that thought for years and you finally overcame it, don't let it eat you again.

Mark must've noticed, his hand rubbing her shoulder comfortingly. He hasn't tried to communicate with her since last night, only silent gestures.

She knew he was upset, she didn't know how to fix that. But she knew If she didn't leave now she may never go, she had to leave when her heart wanted to.

Mark let go of her shoulder after seeing her expression, resting both his hands on the wheel.

She bit her lip and closed her eyes.

No matter what happens, this is what she wanted.

Her eyes were focused downwards at her thin fingers, lost I thought and with countless scenarios playing through her head. But in the corner of her eye she sees mark tense. She raises her head to look at him noticing his wide eyes staring forward.

She sees him say something before looking herself, her heart immediately sinks and her breath becomes caught in her throat.

A police stop and search?

Oh no

Luna immediately panics and looks at mark for guidance, she didn't anticipate this. She doesn't want mark to get in trouble.

Why are they searching cars? What happened?

She has no time to think about that though, Mark reaches to the backseat once they are stopped in line, grabbing a blanket and sunglasses before tossing them to Luna, signaling for her to put them on fast.

Luna quickly puts the sunglasses on, unfolding the blanket with no questions. Mark reaches over her shoulder lowering the seat back, honking the horn in the process causing the police ahead of them to quickly shuffle through other cars.

'Act like you're asleep. I'll handle this, don't panic, okay?'

Luna nods before curling up in the blanket and tilting her head to the side. She felt the car stop and go as the line progresses, her eyes trying to open but even with sunglasses the sun still shines bright through the window.

She takes a deep breath noticing a figure come close to the window, she quickly closes her eyes, becoming completely unaware of what's happening around her.

Just a little longer, please don't find me. Not yet.