Chapter 5

"Tell Emily to be careful," Rachel said as she continued on writing.

I stopped I front of her, "You should do something besides sitting, you know. You don't burn much calories by just sitting."

"Whatever," she mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and went on rollerblading random figures. We were at the skateboard park since Ems got bored at the party. She was busy doing tricks at the ramp while I just rollerblade around randomly.

"How do you think we're going to return their jackets?"

I shrugged, "We could always keep it."

"We are not gonna steal their jackets!"

"If we see them, we'll give it back," I assured her.

"If we don't?"

"If we don't, we'll split it between us," Emily said, coming up to us. "Come on, Rach, I'll teach you how to skateboard."

"No thanks, last time you did, I had to go see a doctor," she reminded her.

"So? I've had scratches and bruises like that before," Emily said. "It's perfectly normal."

"They're not 'perfectly normal'. They ruin your skin texture," I told her.

"Who would look at your knee?" She said. "Besides, I can't stand seeing my friend not doing anything useful."

"Reading is a very useful thing," Rachel said, as she went on reading. "Knowledge is a powerful thing."

"Rach, this is a skateboarding park not a library," I reminded her.

"I know that," she replied. "But that doesn't mean I can't read here."

"Fine, we'll leave you alone," Ems said.

We both turned back to the ramp when she whispered, "Do you think there's a way to trick her into skateboarding?"

"That's quite impossible," I whispered back. As soon as I said it, she had that look in her eye. She grinned and said, "Nothing and everything is possimpible."

"You stole that line," I told her. She didn't say anything and just went on.

~@_@~

"I'm home!" I called out and as usual, no reply. No one's usually up this late, except for me.

I ran up to my room and flung myself on my bed. My soft, cosy, huge bed. I rolled over to the side and dragged myself up. I needed to change into my night gown. After I changed, I threw myself back on to the bed, ready to sleep.

I was barely asleep when I felt my phone vibrate continuously. Grumbling, I picked it up, "What?"

"Someone's cranky," an unfamiliar voice tutted.

I checked the number to see it was unknown, "Who's this?"

"Louis," he replied, cheerfully.

"Who?"

"You took my jacket."

It took me a while for my brain to process the info.

"Oh....are you the blonde one?"

"No, that's Niall."

"The curly one?"

"That's Harry," he said, patiently. "I'm the handsome one."

"I don't remember seeing anyone remotely cute," I told him, slightly annoyed.

"We just want out jackets back," he told me.

"Go get it," I told him, tiredly.

"They're with you."

A thought suddenly occurred me, "How'd you get my number?"

"Um...we...found it?"

"Not the best lie you could come up with," I told him, half grinning.

"Look, we just want our jackets back," he said, getting impatient.

"Why? Why can't you guys just get new ones?"

"Why can't we have our old ones back?"

"Cause you can go get new ones," I answered.

"But we want our old ones."

"Fine, fine," I said, stifling a yawn. "Just text me a time and place we can meet up."

"Alright-"

"Night," I hung up without waiting for an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated! Yay!!! Like it? Love it? Dedicated to KaylaKeifer for the new cover. I love it, don't you? :)