Three

Please do vote, comment and share this story with your friends on Wattpad. 

The Crown Prince had a lot of thoughts going on in his mind. He looked calm and composed to the outside but there was a storm raging inside of him. His entire world had turned upside down in just a matter of seconds. But he was not one to lose, he had been preparing for such situations all his life, ever since he was three years old and Arif Chachu, his father's younger brother, told him that one day he will have to look after all of Mughlaan as its ruler and caretaker.

Prince Mustafa was ready.

As soon as the Royal vehicles reached the Cabinet House, as the protocol lays down, the door of His Majesty, the King was opened first and then Shahbaz came to open Prince Mustafa's door. His Majesty and Prince Mustafa walked towards the building with their security behind them. They were never alone. There existed no such thing as privacy when you were a Royal no matter how much Prince Mustafa disliked it, he had to adhere to Royal protocols in public. His Majesty, the King had a team of twelve bodyguards and the Crown Prince had a team of ten bodyguards protecting them at all times as soon as they left the vicinity of their Haveli. Safety was always be big concern for them, they received death threats on a regular basis due to their position. The rest of the Royals also had their own security team for their safety and protection.

The Cabinet House was a majestic building which was earlier built by the British in India but later came under the territory of Mughlaan. The former King, His Majesty, Aadil Ali Khan, Prince Mustafa's grandfather, rebuilt the entire building during his reign forty years ago. It was now made of black and white marbles and had a dome type structure at its top, it stood four storeys tall.

Inside the building, all the chief ministers and cabinet members stood up on the entry of His Majesty, the King and the Crown Prince. One could cut the tension with a knife in the hall, worry and uncertainty was obvious on their faces. It was indeed a frightening time, the chief minister of the capital city, Ahmad Sulaiman and his son, Raza Sulaiman, the Governor of Mitrin were accused of heinous crimes.

His Majesty, the King went to his seat at the head of the long conference table Prince Mustafa kept pacing in the hall. The King motioned him to come and sit beside him.

"I do not trust a lot of people. You are my most trusted people in the entire country right now. I have never been let down by any of my ministers but today something happened which has never happened in the history of Mughlaan before, one of my Governor and Chief Minister are being accused of sexual harassment and money laundering. Never in my life had I imagined this day would come. The eyes of the world are on us right now. We are an Islamic Kingdom. We follow Allah and the Prophet Mohammad (SAW), we cannot do anything which would go against their integrity and honour. The journalists from all over the world are butchering our name and our country's name. Our beautiful country, our home is suffering because of those leeches. I am being questioned on my decision of making Raza Sulaiman the Governor of Mitrin and his father the Chief Minister of Satlan. The crown will not be made fun of. Their termination will be effective immediately."

Every person present in the hall was listening to His Majesty attentively. Wali Hadi Baig, the Governor of Satlan raised his hand to ask a question, His Majesty gestured him to go ahead. He stood up to speak.

"Your Majesty, what will be the future of Satlan and Mitrin?"

"My dear Wali, this is the first and foremost decision which is to be taken today. I want my Ministers to put forward two names each who they think deserve to be the next Chief Minister of Satlan and Governor of Mitrin. You all have an hour to do so."

The ministers all started to talk amongst themselves and His Majesty, the King and the Crown Prince left to go to His Majesty's office on the second floor of the Cabinet House. Once settled in, Prince Mustafa asked that one question everyone wanted an answer to.