Chapter 12: Up The Bus

"Arghh...Why am I here?" She was sighing to herself. Rethinking back to her stupid decision in choosing to be aboard for this.

The sun was setting and the dark grey clouds were being more significant right now. Soon, thunders would be heard. Furthering in adding on to thinking that this was certainly a terrible decision.

"Because you wanted to."

She could hear Jack's raspy voice whispering through her left ear. Yet again. It sent shivers down her spine.

He had leaned towards her, slightly bending down from his height to reach her. She could feel some of the strands of his hair dangling by her shoulder. And she noticed. His crimson dark black mid-length hair had grown even longer. It now had reached his chin and completely covered his ears.

"Get away old man!" Megan hastily tried to shoo him away by spreading her arms to move in random directions, like a bird flapping its wings.

But it wasn't long till that action became fully redundant. He had grabbed both of her arms tightly, causing her to unconsciously shriek. "LET GO OF ME!!"

He continued to have his grip on her arms. "As long you stop the crazy ruckus that you were doing." He said, could not even care less about her explosive behaviour. And his face not bulging a single change of expression.

Not much effort was required for him to do this. After all, Megan was just a petite woman who practically has 0 physical capabilities to overpower him. Well, what can you expect from a person who has spend most of their life, coop up in a room, voluntary.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" She continued to scream louder. What a futile struggle. She looked pathetic.

"Shouting is not gonna work, missy." He still looked completely unfazed by her wild behaviour, still not letting her go.

It was then she realised, she had to quit the craziness and calm her shit down. As soon as she deactivated the 'Mad woman persona', the grip that she had felt on her arms immediately disappeared.

"See, wasn't that easy?"

"Haha yeah..." Megan said drily as she rubbed her wimpy shoulders.

Jack then coughed out little chuckles before going up to the bus. He enjoyed having these childish interactions with her. Amusing as it was.

It made him feel young again, not like he's not young at heart.

She picked up her luggage up to walk up along the stairs of the bus. Being a weak ass person, she naturally had some issues with carrying heavy items, especially when going up against the frictional force of the 'mountain' flight of stairs.

Honestly, is just an exaggeration that the stairs looked too tall, but too her, it was different. Well what can you say, you are currently looking at a 1.6m woman who has zero physical abilities.

"Ugh damn it." Megan muttered bitterly under her breath. She looked down at her luggage and up at the stairs again.

Just how was she going to get it up there?

Jack was walking up on the cramped stairs, when he had a random thought if Megan was having some trouble with her luggage. He recalled back on the time when he had to help her carry her stuff up the stairs at his house.