Chapter One

I checked his pulse it was faint but still there, he was clinging for dear life. "No no no no, I didn't kill my dad...he isn't dead" he blinked slowly. "My phone passcode is 1208...you want to know the truth...look there" his breathing slowed until he took his last breath. I stood up slowly standing there. It wasn't supposed to end this way, I just wanted to know the truth. Here I stood over my dad's dead body, blood on my hands and my white t-shirt and jeans.
***

December 17th
Houston, TX
Maraj Household
Onika's POV

December 17thHouston, TXMaraj HouseholdOnika's POV

*Two Weeks Earlier*

"I got the job, I got the job!" I yelled jumping up and down announcing I got my job as a model with 'Savage x Fenty' to my parents. This was a job I've always wanted, I was more than excited.

I started in 2 days, I couldn't wait to tell my best friends Cassie and Lauren. I dialed Lauren's number first and luckily for me she was with Cassie so it saved a phone call on my end.

"Lo, Cassie....I got the job!" They started squealing they knew how much I wanted this job and they also loved Rihanna. "Congrats! tell me if you meet any cute models" Cassie winked while Lauren hit her shoulder.

If I wasn't as smart as I consider myself to be, I'm sure they're dating each other on the low, but I'm going to mind my mind and let them do them. The three of us talked for a few minutes until I got bored and hung up.

As I sneaked to the hallway I heard my dad on the phone.

"She got the job, I need you to get the job and watch her....protect her"

...

"If she gets suspicious of you tell me, as soon as you know...don't get too close to her either just protect her."

I couldn't hear who was on the other side of the call but the call didn't last long....were they talking about me?

***

December 19th

I hopped out the Uber and went in the building. There was a diverse selection of women here in lingerie, pajama sets, robes, etc. I was a lingerie model so I found my dressing room and put on what they set aside for me.

When I finished getting dressed I walked out glancing around at the other women. I took in the heavy scent of perfume on the way while I found my photographers, they were finishing on another female who was absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

 I took in the heavy scent of perfume on the way while I found my photographers, they were finishing on another female who was absolutely drop dead gorgeous