Chapter 41

Hello everyone! I hope that all of you have been enjoying this story! I am so sorry that I couldn't really upload as much but my family is over.
________________________________

I sighed as I fixed my boots and tucked a blade inside of it. I straightened myself up and looked in front of me. I saw Alexis getting ready and so was Chris. Charlotte and Samuel were already out for the mission. I couldn't believe that all of this was because of me. That Lucifer was doing all this to just get to me or to make me join him.

"Don't worry." I heard Alexis say which made me snap out of my thoughts. I blinked a few times before I made eye contact with her and nodded my head slowly.

"I know it doesn't reassure you but we will get through this. Shadowhunters have gone through a lot and have always find a way to bring peace." She said and I again just nodded my head.

She didn't mention the people that had lost their lives while protecting other people. That was something that I didn't wanted to have on my conscience. Something I didn't wanted to live with or be the cause of.

"Let's go." Chris said as he walked inside the weapon room. He looked at the worried expression on my face and walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he stared into my eyes.

"Why is everyone making sure that I am okay when all we have to be worried about is others? This has to stop. Lucifer needs to be stopped." I said in a rush. I could see that he was a bit startled by my sudden outburst.

"Ella." He said and I just shook my head.

"What if I joined him while still being myself. I could find a way to stop him." I said, knowing that no one else would agree with me.

"No." Chris said in a heart beat. He held me gently by my arms and shook his head.

"He already has his influence over you while being apart from you. You don't know what will happen if you guys are together." He said and I nodded my head. I knew that he was right but what other choice did we have?

How many people had to lose their lives while they found a way to stop him or when I finally give in and be with him? How could I put everyone through that? What if I lose someone in the process of it again which made me tremble out of fear. Chris noticed it and held my hand now.

"Listen, don't worry. We will find a way. I promise you." Chris said and I just stared at him. I didn't know what to say or do. What was the right thing to do or to say? Everything was so messed up that nothing made sense anymore.

"Don't do anything that might hurt you. Please, Ella." Chris said as he looked deeply into my eyes. I nodded my head slowly to his comment and looked over at Alexis who was looking at us.

"If you guys are ready, let's go." She said, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I still didn't know how or what Chris and I were. Did I feel overprotective over him? Yes, I did. Did I feel safe and reassured whenever he was with me? Yes, I did...

I knew what Alexis was thinking about us and where she wanted us to go but was that smart? Chris lost someone and I.... I might lose it too. I might die during this chaotic war... I would die rather than making any of my loved ones suffer. If there was an ending to this, I would do anything to end it.

"Let's go." I said and left before her, leaving the weapon room. I heard Alexis and Chris whisper to one another but I couldn't make sense out of it. I didn't know what they were saying.

"Dad." I said when I saw Alec in the middle of the operation room. He looked at me as some shadowhunters passed him by. He looked quite stressed. His shoulders were tense and he looked like he was going to become sick at any moment.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, looking at his pale expression on his face. Alec gulped his stress down as he put his fake smile on and nodded his head.

"Yes, everything is okay." He lied. I knew that nothing was okay. None of this was okay and somehow, I knew or thought of something that he could be stressing about.

"He went to Edom didn't he?" I asked carefully as I looked at Alec. His eyes slightly widened by surprise which confirmed what I had said. I sighed out of frustration.

"When did he leave?" I asked and Alec tried opening his mouth but closed it half way as if he didn't know what to say.

"I lost my mother too. I can't lose him." I said and my voice started to shake slightly by the fear of losing my father. I didn't need to know more to be aware that my grandfather, Asmodeus was evil.

"You can't follow him there." He said and I shook my head.

"I can." I said determined. I saw the alerts going higher and higher.

"Dad, we need you here and he needs me there. Please." I begged and Alec sighed.

"I can't let you go, Ella." He trailed off. "If Asmodeus finds out, he will try to get to you." He then added to his sentence and I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Lucifer didn't get to me. Who would Asmodeus be? Dad, I can do this." I said, trying to convince him but somehow Alec didn't seem like he was going to be convinced by me.

"We need you here, Ella." He said and I sighed.

"My father might need me too." I said before I stepped away from Alec. Alec quickly tried getting to me but I pushed him away with my power that I had running through my hands.

I held my hands up as I created a portal. The wind that was created in the progress of it, blew my hair back and I turned myself around to look at Alec.

"Ella! Don't!" He shouted. I smiled weakly at him before I disappeared into the portal, landing into my father's apartment. I breathed out as I felt a wave of weakness overcoming me.

My warlock side was weaker than my Shadowhunter side. I sighed as I started to draw the way I could go to Edom. I was horrible at this. I didn't even knew if I was doing it right but I was desperate. I was desperate enough to get to my father. I felt guilty for leaving everyone like that. What if something happens while I wasn't there? What was I going to do then?

As I stood in drawing, I saw the flames go up, literally burning me. I screamed out of the excruciating pain and before I knew, I was somewhere that was surrounded with just redness. Was hell like this?