Chapter 6

I finally decided to update! I know I should have updated months ago but I was extremely busy. But on the bright side, summer is here which means I'll be updating more frequently. And I just wanted to thank you guys for over 3k reads! You guys are amazing! Anyway, here's chapter 6.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

The rain continued to fall and hammer down on the roof relentlessly. I jolted up slightly when I heard the rumbling of thunder and saw the flash of lighting brighten up the somewhat dim mansion. We stood in silence for a long while until Marc decided to break it.

"Are you guys okay?" he asked, noticing that Sergi and I were covered in rain water.

"Yeah, we're fine. I'm just going to get us some blankets." Sergi replied, exiting the living room and heading upstairs. As much as I wanted that blanket, I didn't want to be left alone with Marc and Munir.

I let Luna roam around freely through the house. She had been here before, so she knew her way around the hallways of the vast mansion.

The silence returned once again and time seemed to drag on interminably. I decided that I would just stand there and wait for Sergi to return with the blankets. Hopefully, Munir and Marc wouldn't involve me in their conversation.

"You can sit on the couch with us, if you want." Munir said kindly, patting the spot on the couch next to him and Marc. I took off my jacket, which was sprinkled everywhere with rain drops, and placed it on the coat hanger, making my way towards the couch. I sat at the edge of the sofa, looking at both men who were having a small conversation.

"I don't think we will be able to drive home in this kind of weather." Marc said to Munir, looking out the window and noticing that the rain wouldn't stop.

"What are we going to do?" Munir asked him, resting his head on his hand.

"Well, we might have to stay the night and go home tomorrow, if that's alright with Sergi." Marc replied. I was positive that Sergi would let them stay.

"What about you, Addy? You haven't even told us what happened to you and Sergi." Marc said. Both Marc and Munir sat there, staring at me and waiting for me to explain what had occurred. So much for staying out of the conversation.

"Not much happened. We just went to the park and it started raining all of a sudden. Sergi was supposed to take me home but there was a lot of traffic so he offered to bring me here." I said, summarizing everything.

"So you're going to stay overnight?" Marc asked.

"Yes, unfortunately." I said letting out a sigh. Marc and Munir looked at me confused and somewhat offended.

"You don't want to be stuck with us, do you?" Munir spoke, feeling a bit hurt. I regretted saying that because the smiles that were once plastered on their faces diminished.

"No it's not that. I'm pretty sure you guys are amazing people." I paused. "It's just that, I don't feel very comfortable being alone with two strangers." I said, trying my best not to sound rude.

"We're not strangers!" Marc boomed.

"Well, when you only know someone's name, then you're considered strangers." I stated, matter-of-factly. They both had smirks on their faces, which surprised me because two seconds ago, they looked almost heartbroken.

"Then it looks like we're going to have to get to know each other." Munir said, which made me curious yet slightly scared as to what was on their mind.