The Beginning Of It All.

Growing up for me was difficult. I've always wondered who I was going to be, who I was going to marry.

My childhood was ruined the day I was told I did not get to choose who I was to marry. I was to marry Damon Salvatore.

I was 16 and he was 18. The year of 1860.

June 26th, 1860 - Our wedding day. It was a beautiful day, given we hated each other. I was scared to be married to a man who would never love me. Divorce was frowned upon by all families in Mystic Falls.

A year later I had about enough.
April 9th, 1861;
"This is not how it was suppose to go." Damon mumbled. He has not bed me yet. I will not sleep with a man who does not love me. I sat on the floor of our house that our parents provided. "How is it suppose to go?" I cried/screamed at him. He was knelt in front me concern in eyes. "You do not and will never love me and I certainly do not love you. So let me leave, or give me what I want." I cried, cradling myself. Damon stood up, now angered. "I will not let you leave, and I will certainly not divorce you." He yelled. I stood up as well. "Why? Your father is already happy you are gone." I yelled back. "I do not care about what my father thinks. I will not divorce you because you are mistaken. I do love you." He finished, then smashed his lips against mine, kissing me roughly. I pulled away. "You do?" I whispered. "I have always loved you Abigail." He kissed my forehead. "You just did not and do not love me." He pulled away and went up to the bedroom.
Later that night I left the house to try and find out if Damon is lying. I sat in the grass that surrounded the house. We had acres of land because our parents thought it best if we had space to bare children.
I am not certain how much time has past, but it was a while I am sure of it.
"ABIGAIL!" I turned my head and saw Damon with a face full of emotions. Worry, fear, love, sorrow. I stood up confused as to why he was screaming. But then I realized why. I have threatened many times that I would leave without his knowledge.
He saw me and relief showered his face. He ran to me and hugged me tightly. "I thought you had left." He whispered as he barred his face in my hair. "I was in need of some air. I am sorry I frightened you so." I apologized. He pulled away and looked at me. "Damon I have to tell you something." I backed away out of his grasp. He knitted his eyebrows together in confusion. "What is it?" He asked. "I want to love you." He smiled. But I was not finished. "I have always liked you. But you have not made it easy and I suppose I have not either." I explained. He brushed my hair behind my ear. "I am willing to give our marriage a chance. But I do not want to if you do not feel the same. I do not want to love then get hurt." I mumbled. "Abigail, I love you and I promise not to hurt you, or let anyone else. You are my everything and most of all. You are my amazing wife." He smiled and kissed me softly. And this time, I kissed back.

From then on our marriage was good. I did indeed fall in love with my husband and at the time, I knew I was not going to regret it.

But now I do. Because 3 years later we returned to his old house to visit his brother and father. But they had already had a house guest. Kathrine.

I have never felt so empty and broken like I did when he bed her on more then one occasion. He ignored me. I begged for divorce after seeing him with Kathrine in our bed, and he still declined. It was like every time I said divorce I had the real Damon back. But soon enough he'd be back to bedding Kathrine. So I demanded divorce one day.

August 12th, 1864;
"You do not love me Damon!" I shouted as I stood in our backyard. "I do Abigial. I don't know what I'm doing. I can't remember doing any of it." He pleded. "You are nothing but a liar. You knew from the start you could not keep your promise. You hurt me Damon, you lied." I screamed. Tears slowly made there way down Damon's face as he knew my words are true. "I am sorry Abigail. Please believe me." He cried. "I am done believing you. I want a divorce." I yelled. His face fell more. He shook his head no. "No. I will not let you go." Damon forced out. "Give me a divorce!" I cried, dropping to my knees. Damon came over to me and held me in his arms. "I hate you Damon Salvatore." I cried. His sobs shook his body. "I know." He whisper cried.

That night I left. But did not make it far. Kathrine appeared and changed my fate. Telling me how she loved Stefan and how much fun it would be for me to live with being denied divorce by Damon over and over.

That night..... Katherine killed me.

That night..... I left Mystic Falls.

That night..... My child died with me.