25 - Leaving

I pocket the badge into my pocket, making sure it was hidden so that the others wouldn't see it if I passed them on my way to my floor. When I get to my floor, I see that my phone has been put on the island in the kitchen. I hobble over to it quickly, eager to see what I've missed over the past 3 months from stuff at home.

I open it to see that there are tonnes of unread messages from Makayla, Isaac and Hugo. I sit through and read them, noticing that they've each messaged me every other days. I type out apology messages, coming up with crap excuses for not replying.

Once I've read all the messages from them, I notice that there's a message from an unknown number. I decide that I don't want to read it because they normally bring bad news.

For the next two weeks, I get rehabilitated with Bruce and Tasha helping me out. After a couple of days, I can walk independently. After a week, I'm able to keep up defence in a fight once again. After 10 days, I'm able to pin Steve down in a fight. By the end of the 2nd week, I can memorise the same amount of information in a quicker time than ever before.

Tony also keeps me occupied with catching me up on my university course. He tutors me every day, developing my knowledge and we get through 25% of the work that I've missed. He also helps me try to regain my powers when he notices that I've stopped using them.

I've now been awake for 3 weeks. It feels as though it's only been a few days because I no longer have free time. What am I doing at the moment? I'm on my way to a secret meeting with Agent Coulson and I'm buzzing. I texted him, arranging a meeting as soon as I could walk again. He seems to be eager to meet me, curious as to why I'm being recommended for his team.

I know that he'll want to know of my abilities, but I don't think that'll be a good idea. I love my powers, don't get me wrong, but I also loved the person who I was before I got them. The person who didn't need them to stand her own ground. And the idea that there'll be someone who doesn't know about them? Amazing. All Coulson knows is that I'm a good fighter, trained by Tasha, Steve and Clint - SHIELD's finest.

My hands start to shake when I walk into the warehouse that I'm meeting Coulson at. The idea behind it is that we can't be overheard when there's no one else here. It also stops the chance of him getting recognised by US police or special forces where he's a fugitive.

I see him waiting for me by a table. He's looking over a file in his hand, presumably a file about me. I walk over to him, trying to emit a sense of confidence. He shakes my hand and we sit down.

"Agent Coulson. Lovely to meet. I'm Agent Hemmings. " I say as I sit down.

"It's Director Coulson now." He says calmly.

"Well done on the promotion." I smile.

"Thank you. So what do you have to offer my team?" He asks, propping his elbows on the table.

"I've been trained in combat by three highly qualified SHIELD agents. I speak fluent French and can dabble in a little Russian. Agent Romanoff has trained me in interrogation skills and manipulating people. Oh, and I'm also currently studying a degree in aeronautical engineering, with tutoring from Tony Stark."

"Impressive resume. Anything else?" He asks, causing me to debate again on whether or not I should tell him that I'm enhanced.

"I have a wicked sense of humour." I smirk.

He laughs briefly, before asking me more questions. "What do you know of my team?"

"Not much. Fury just said that I'd get on well with Agent Skye."

"That is probably correct. Where are you from?"

"England. Couldn't you tell from my accent?" I say sarcastically, emphasising my accent greatly.