↳ 𝐨𝐧𝐞

•••

•••

Calia woke up to the sun blazing in her face, today was the day. The day where the head's spirit chose the next commander. Calia would have been lying to herself if she wasn't scared because she knew what had to be done. Calia didn't believe she had the guts to kill the people she had grown up with her whole life. Calia had sat up on her bed before swinging
My legs to the side. Calia Slowly pushed herself up feeling all the pain from yesterday's training through her muscles. Caila whipped her head when she heard someone knock on the door.

"Come In" Calia said as her door slowly opened as Calia looked back to see Lexa enter the room and close the door behind her.

"Is something wrong Lexa?" Calia said to the Trikru born girl and slowly walked over to her.

"Calia, can you promise me something," Lexa said to the blonde girl in a soft voice while studying the ground.

"Yes, of course what is it?" Calia said as she sat in the chair that was placed in the middle of the room.

"If we're the last two promise me you'll run and go far away, from here I can't see you get hurt Calia" Lexa told her as her voice changed to say she was truly concerned for her best friend. Calia thought to herself for a second she knew she couldn't leave her behind as the pair had been friends for as long as she could remember. Lexa had known Calia better than anyone in Trikru. She knew that Calia couldn't go through her whole life without finding someone to love for her whole life, even though the two had learned throughout their training. Love is weakness and to be a commander is to be alone as you had no one you cared about to impact your choices.

Calia let out a soft sigh before nodding her head in agreement. Lexa had given the smaller girl a hug before stepping out of her room. When Lexa had left her room, Calia had walked over to go pick up her armour on a random chair in her room. she had started working on her war paint. When Calia had finished the guards had come into her room telling her it was time.
Calia had finally reached the ground floor as all you could hear was people yelling and cheering for miles.

"Calia kom trikru step forward," the fleimkepa said as I started walking to where he was standing

"Accept this sigil of your clan and fight with honour as their champion" Titus said while putting the sigil around her neck. Calia walked to stand by the trikru flag next to Lexa. Titus started to speak to the crowd.

"A battle to the death within the walls of Polis, these warriors will fight until only one remains when, that warrior collects all of the sigils from the fallen and delivers them to me, They will be declared victor

This final champion alone will tell us, who heda's spirit has chosen to become the next" Titus said to the crowd as he began to speak again

"Osir honour emo chon fall by the sword ba follow the won chon the best," (We honour those who fall by the sword but follow the one who wields it the best)
Titus said as all of the natbliadas walked inside of a building to talk to the. I followed behind Lexa into the building and saw all of the natbliadas training more as I saw Anya and Indra waiting for Lexa and Calia.