Chapter 2: First Day of School

I woke up early to my alarm and after I turned it off. I went to reach for my glasses but I couldn't feel them and then I freaked out, where did they go I swear I put them there last night. I didn't have time to look for them so I put on my contacts and went to the bathroom to do my thing got dressed for school, I wore some skinny jeans and a random shirt and hoodie, I like that here the weather is cold so I have an excuse to wear a hoodie, I like hoodies since it feels like I am wearing a blanket since I usually get them a size bigger. I packed my backpack and put on my converse and headed down to go eat and leave.

"Hi Dad," I said as I headed to start making breakfast.

"Hey Val, did you sleep well."

"Yeah I did," I finished making breakfast at the same time as Bella was getting the plates and stuff, "Morning Bells."

"Morning Bella," Dad and I greeted her.

"Morning," she said, "where are your glasses?"

"I couldn't find this morning, so I had to put on my contacts instead."

"Or do you mean you didn't want to find them since you can't see without them." She said with a smile holding in a laugh for my laziness.

"Same thing, don't make fun of me, I like to be lazy."

"Sure whatever you say."

Bella then headed to wash the dishes while I finished getting everything and started to head out to the truck, Bella soon followed and we then left for hell.

Once we got to school and parked we seemed to be the center of attention but honestly what was there to expect, we are the new kids in the small town, plus the big red truck was also standing out compared to other cars. We got out and Bella not being able to distinguish compliment and sarcasm told a random guy thanks when he talked about our car, but I just rolled my eyes and grabbed Bella and pulled her to look for the front office.

We then found it with some time to kill and look for classes and walked in.

"Hi we're new," I said.

"Oh yes! Isabella and Valerie-Mae Swan" said the secretary.

"Just Bella and Val is fine," said Bella

"Okay sure, here are your schedules and the fastest way to get there on the map, this paper needs to be signed and brought back at the end of the day, and Val some of your classes might be with Seniors because of your transcript so you have the option of graduating early, but we can talk more about that later"

"Thank you."

We grabbed our papers and left to compare our schedules and we had nothing together besides lunch, but that was fine we didn't really hand out that often during school back then. Bella had her friends and I had mine it was like our time to be our own person without the other being there and we liked it.

"Okay I suppose this is where we split, I'm going to look for my locker before going to class, see you later I suppose," I told Bella and left.

We bother waved and went our separate ways.

So in search of my locker I went. I found it fast and then a girl with pixie hair and whiter skin than I, opened her locker next to me and started to talk to me.

"Hi I'm Alice, are you new?" her voice was joyful and pretty like herself, it was lightweight.

"Yeah, I'm Valerie-Mae, but you can call me Val or Mae."

"That is such a pretty name, and I like your outfit it's simple and it suits you. Do you need help around?"

"Um, I think I'm fine but do you think we have classes together," I asked as I handed her my schedule.