The Purpose of this Book

Hello !

The point of this book is to create awareness about how wattpad authors give in to patriarchal and society norms , so that their book is pleasing and becomes famous.

I've read so many books where giving orders to a woman , making her uncomfortable , having non-consensual sex , is seen as a normal thing. Many books also tend to promote that a domesticated woman is more desirable .

I will not shy away from naming a few of them , "The bad boy in glasses", "Lucia and the bodyguard" , "Substitute bride" , "My possessive Billionaire","The fall of the drama queen ".

If you find these stories( and stories like these ) in my reading list then because I have too loved these books at some point of my life and they've made me act in a certain way.

The question that lingers on my mind is that who's fault is it.

Is wattpad a case of Caveat Emptor?

Rarely have I ever seen a wattpad author acknowledge that what they're promoting is not ideal for 21st century .

But is it totally the author's fault ?

Not really if you ask me, because as consumers , we have rarely raised voice against such practices.

Therefore , it's not just the author's fault , it's also the consumers to blame.

We should be really mindful of what we're promoting here because if we do not , a fourteen year old girl will never learn that consensual intimacy is a thing , that they are not meant to take orders from their partners , that doing domestic chore and destroying their self esteem is not the key to a person's heart.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk !

Also be nice , I wrote this at 2AM , give me some fucking credit.

P.S: IF you feel like changing this system , then demand the change and be the change,

Tag your friends and your authors so that they know how you feel.

Readers after all , aren't just here for votes.

On that note , do vote on each and every chapter of  this book XD.

Bye !