[50] Part 2

I was really happy for May and Oliver. Their love has really gone through the test of time. Just like I  and Bryan’s.

I remembered when Oliver thought she was having an affair with Bryan. Well I did have such thoughts too but later on I understood the kind of relationship they had.

Ollie on the other hand was a wonderful man. He was caring and adorable. I really wished them well. So now I was officially May’s chief bridesmaid and I never knew what I was signing up for when I said yes.

She said we would have to travel to Paris and Dubai for the wedding shopping and all of that. And with all the things I have planned with Bryan to execute, I don’t see how touring the world with May will be possible. I just hoped I’ll be able to manage them well.

*******
When I arrived at the hospital, Nora was there with Ashley.  Bridget wanted to tag along with me but her manager kept disturbing her phone.

She said there was a job she was working on that warranted her to take a trip to Asia but she didn’t want to travel so she was on the verge of turning down the movie offer even after shooting a couple of scenes.

So she had to go answer her manager. My father was all dressed and waiting. When he saw me his countenance lighted a lot and I was happy with his mood.

“Hey Peanut” he grinned as I hugged him warmly and snuggly. “I’m so glad that you’re okay” he said.

Tear droplets fell from eyes. “I’m so sorry dad for putting through these” I cried on his shoulders while he gently patted my back.

A while later we were set to leave the hospital. I walked up to the front desk to settle our bills. When I was done I joined the others outside. Mabel chose to ride with Ashley while I drove with my father and Nora.

“Hey dad” I called out to him at the back seat as we rode. “Hope you’re good”

He nodded and gave me a smile. “Would you love some music?” I asked him

“Yea” he answered faintly and I turned on the mp3 player and played Fireflies by Owl City.

Once the music began, I peeped at my dad through the rearview mirror and smiled when I saw him enjoying the melody and swaying his head to the beat. 
Nora and I were not left out as we sang along. I wasn’t much of a music fan but Fireflies was definitely one of my favourite few. I had the song on repeat for about three more times.

Thereafter I decided to remind my dad of all the doctors do’s and don’ts but he kept making fun of them, hence cracking us up.
My mood was definitely lit as i laughed at all the sarcasm my dad created throughout the drive home. The doctors said he should rest alot and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. He should avoid every ounce of stress and stressors.

Hours later we got home. I had a lot of catching up to do with Nora and I sure did miss her. So I hurriedly prepared something for my father and everyone to eat before going up to my room to have some chitchat with my best friend.

First I gave her a very tight cuddle. I didn’t want to let her go. “I missed you bestie. I can’t believe you were gone for three whole weeks”

“Okay babe. I missed you too so much” she wrapped her arms around me. “But I’ve been away longer than this before” she raised an eyebrow.

“I know but then I didn’t feel it much” 

“Oh! Yea” she tickled me playfully “because you had Bryan right” I giggled and stepped away from her. She launched at me gain this time tickling me nonstop. I kept laughing and laughing, trying to wriggle out from her grip till I collapsed to the ground.

“Ok Nora, please I’m sorry…..I’m sorry” I snickered pleading with her to stop before she did.

“Geez! What the hell was that?” I asked gasping as I wiped away the tears from my face. She threw herself on the bed smiling. I stood up from the floor and hovered over her on the bed. She looked like she had a lot in that head of hers she needed to spill. I cleared my throat and returned her back to earth.

“Hey” she smiled and sat up on the bed with her legs curled up together creating space for me to sit down which I did, also curling up my legs and then I tilted in that we sat facing each other.

“So tell me” I grinned holding her both hands in mine “How was your trip to Italy?”

“Great, eventful and adventurous” she blushed rolling her eyes

“Mmmhmm, someone is blushing” I smiled. “But Nora, seriously you know what I want to hear right?” I kept a straight face observing how amused she looked; something was definitely making her this happy.

She smiled again throwing back her head and laughing before she led me on the juicy gist. So the thing is Nora and Sean had a building up romance before now. They got attracted to each other months back but decided to take things slow. This trip for her was not just about work but also about her love life.

Sean on the other hand had been away at Italy right after Bryan’s presumed funeral. He went there for a course training and with Nora coming in for work, It was a coincidence but also a perfect timing for the duo. They used it well and bonded strengthening their relationship.

“Hmmmm how romantic!” I leered. “So are you guys now officially dating” I asked her.

“Yes” she screamed and jumped off the bed in excitement swirling around the room.
I had never seen Nora this happy before. I was super excited for her; hopefully Sean will be better than her exes. She’s been very unlucky with relationships mostly because men saw her as a strong feminist.

Well yea, she was when she wanted to be and took it a little to the extreme sometimes. Even I get sick of it most times.

“I’m happy for you babes. Finally you’ve found love again. So when is he coming back to the States?”

She cocked her head left and rolled her eyes to the right corner of the ceiling. “In two months’ time he will be done with his training and will be back into my arms”. Her cheeks flushed with pink.

“Aww” I moaned. “You’re making me jealous”

“I’m so sorry baby” she scooped my face in her hands and mouthed “I’m sorry but speaking of relationships Mich, aint you going to try another?”

My face immediately fell to the ground. I stared at her and sighed before standing up and crossing over to the chair.

She followed me “I’m sorry Mich. Ok please forget about what I just said” She raised her hands in apology. “I just feel you deserve another shot at true happiness like what you shared with Bryan.”

“Nora, you’re right but I have to tell you something first” I hinted her.

Just then a phone rang; she thought it was hers so she picked it up but it was mine. She peered at the screen and looked at it again more closely. I could see shock all over her face so I snatched the phone from her hand. “Shit” I murmured shutting my eyes and squeezing it tightly and biting my lower lip.

When I opened them, Nora just stood there gaping at me, shock and confusion written all over her face. Yet the phone kept ringing. She wasn’t uttering a word. I knew she wanted explanations but I didn’t know if I could give it to her.